CM871 Unknown Tune
12-27-2020, (Subject: CM871 Unknown Tune ) 
CM871 Unknown Tune
New here on the forum and need some help/direction on a tune,

I have a Cummins CM871 with around 390k miles on it that was just acquired. It has the dosing injector disconnected and fuel line plugged. Also the DFP wiring is all disconnected. So I know someone has tried to demandate. The engine also idles a bit rough and rpms jump around a bit. I have looked into the cal file on the ECU and it looks like someone has disabled the EGR and DPF. Would anyone have a cal file for a AV10249 that I could compare to my tune to see what has been changed, and any advice to get this truck running with a reliable tune as it doesn't seem like the one that I have has been done right.

I have both Insite and Calterm, and a Nexiq usb-link.
replyreply
12-27-2020, (Subject: CM871 Unknown Tune ) 
RE: CM871 Unknown Tune
(12-27-2020 )Todd42 Wrote:  New here on the forum and need some help/direction on a tune,

I have a Cummins CM871 with around 390k miles on it that was just acquired. It has the dosing injector disconnected and fuel line plugged. Also the DFP wiring is all disconnected. So I know someone has tried to demandate. The engine also idles a bit rough and rpms jump around a bit. I have looked into the cal file on the ECU and it looks like someone has disabled the EGR and DPF. Would anyone have a cal file for a AV10249 that I could compare to my tune to see what has been changed, and any advice to get this truck running with a reliable tune as it doesn't seem like the one that I have has been done right.

I have both Insite and Calterm, and a Nexiq usb-link.

I'll send you the correct 871 file, do a proper de-mandate on her. Check your PM or email...

Hopefully the EGR Cooler, OEM Turbo and other bits are still intact. Will be a good idea to do an EGR Tuneup and valve adjustment on her too.

Double check that the EGR Cooler is still getting coolant to her, many of these butchers cut the cooling lines to the Cooler, this need to be intact. It is ok to plug the exhaust side of the cooler up at the bellows.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
12-28-2020, (Subject: CM871 Unknown Tune ) 
RE: CM871 Unknown Tune
If u can return it to the correct factory tune rawze may have time to fix u up right.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.