hendricksion steer king pins
12-29-2020, (Subject: hendricksion steer king pins ) 
hendricksion steer king pins
has anyone here don't kingpin bushings on a Hendrickson steer axle I have had a hard time locally finding someone that can do them the one place i did find quoted 1600 plus parts seems a bit high I priced a complete axle from international for just under $2500. is it as big of a deal as they are making it out to be is it something that can be tackled at home i have a press
replyreply
RE: hendricksion steer king pins
You need to post what model steer axle you have. Some are designed to be fully replaced and some are rebuildable. But some of the guys on here have actually rebuilt the throw away ones too. Go get the model and maybe a couple pictures to make sure we know what your dealing with.
replyreply
RE: hendricksion steer king pins
(12-29-2020 )Yauchout Wrote:  has anyone here don't kingpin bushings on a Hendrickson steer axle I have had a hard time locally finding someone that can do them the one place i did find quoted 1600 plus parts seems a bit high I priced a complete axle from international for just under $2500. is it as big of a deal as they are making it out to be is it something that can be tackled at home i have a press

If someone told you that they are replacing the king pins on a hendrickson steer axle, then they are most likely completely clueless.

The king pins are not replaced ... They are made from some seriously thick, hardened steel and it is only the brass bushings that are replaced instead.

Also .... unless they fail an inspection using a dial indicator, they do not need replacing.

Like already mentioned, find the model number you have and the service manual... follow the service manual and stop listening to those shops that claim they do king pins... most shops who do them could not even tell you what the correct backlash in the king pins are nonetheless can't do a half.arssed decent job on them.

here are some more words about the hendrickson front axles: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid57071

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.