want to know more about fault code 2637
01-05-2021, (Subject: want to know more about fault code 2637 ) 
RE: want to know more about fault code 2637
Fault Code: 2637 ,...

The front face of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst has been detected to be plugged with soot.
It is the cry home to mamma alarm, same as the CM871 has. It usually always is accompanied with other faults.

Have BOTH the DOC and DPF been replaced and/or cleaned out? -- (Baked, de-ashed, and flow tested)? ... and if so, was the ecm reset with the "New DPF Install" procedure? ? if not then you will continue to get tis alarm as there is a soot counter that needs resetting and makes this alarm even if the system is clean if no one reset the counter.

====================

Fault code 2639 ...

Catalyst Face Plugged - Root Cause Not Known. The front face of the aftertreatment diesel oxidation catalyst has been detected to be plugged with soot.

Just some reference:
The DPF Delta-P densor is not reading right or the DPf is actually getting clogged up. Pull the DOC and DPf can and take pictures of the faces. Number one cause of these issues is the doser injector tip clogged, too much oil consumption in eninge, too much idling, excess soot due to egr valve sticking open or sooty mis-reading sensore (egr-tuneup stuffs) or coolant getting into the engine or exhaust system.

If you pulled the cans out and had them flow-tested and they are good, maybe it is a ghost alarm. On some trucks, depending on how the DPF Delta-P sensor is mounted, it may have clogged feed-tubes, or bad bushing going to the sensor, etc... or the sensor may be going bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Signature620 , Mav , DVT873

Messages In This Thread
RE: want to know more about fault code 2637 - Rawze - 01-05-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.