Popping like sound
03-13-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
RE: Popping like sound
Pretty close hhow55 @ 12-1250 coolant temperature was @ 165 taking gun w me I'm pulling the NH White Mountains tomorrow figured I'll pull in a pickle park & check it thanks for the tip!
replyreply
03-13-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
If it where mine or a customer truck I would remove the 4 bolts holding the intake to the head and start it up. If you have a intake valve bad it will have a small amount of smoke when running. You can also see if it is the front half or rear. I then have a camera I can send down it to look at the valves.
replyreply
03-26-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
Performed cylinder cut out test as soon as # 2 gets added back in the popping starts! Making progress!
replyreply
03-27-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
(03-26-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  Performed cylinder cut out test as soon as # 2 gets added back in the popping starts! Making progress!

now your getting somewhere
replyreply
08-14-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
This tread ended , ??? I was holding my breath to see what was going on!!!!
replyreply
08-14-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
I had one doing this in my shop this week it was the injector it did same thing poping like jake on. It was so bad you couldn't find it with cutout test. I used temp gun and found it 100 degrees hotter at 700 rpm on #3 cylinder. I put this injector in # 4 and it followed injector. But what i did do when rockers where off is take a air blow gun and stick inside the cylinder with valves closed of course rockers are off and push air inside of the cylinder. If you have valve problem air will bleed back through either intake or exhaust and then you will find it.
replyreply
08-17-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
Turned out it was a bad camshaft replaced both. Thanks guys for the inputs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Drybulktanker
08-18-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
Just wanted to update this!
Popping like sound was coming from bad camshaft.
replyreply
08-18-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
(08-18-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  Just wanted to update this!
Popping like sound was coming from bad camshaft.

How did you determine it was the camshaft?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.