Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
01-07-2021, (Subject: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road ) 
RE: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road
(01-07-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  The style of pump makes zero difference whatsoever. They all fail (all common rail ISX models), even the newest style found on the 2020 model X15 engine.

aside from that .... Your post seems to imply that you would trust your entire engine destroying itself based on some sort of "Paint peeling off" assumption?

- You stated that your engine has more than 400k miles on it .... you purchased the truck and have not serviced it yet .... Pull the head off it .. replace its guts for a few hundred bucks ... does not matter what the parts look like or if they show any wear or not ... they fail without any warning ... Do the right thing call it a day. Otherwise, it is your engine funeral, or at the very least, likely an inframe + a gigantic mess trying to get all the metal shavings out of the entire engine block, throwing away the oil cooler, replacing bottom end bearings, overhead cams, possibly face gears, etc.etc.etc. and many days of down time/headaches when it goes.

You totally right, i went today to freightliner they couldn't find any issue. I told them to pull the head and replace those barrels and plungers and tappets. They said ok, after 30 minutes they come to me they say they will not do it ,they want to replace whole pump.and $1300 just for labor plus part $2000 for labor.
I went to the part department to buy just the part.they said they don't have it in stock. Then i went to cummins they were very friendly they told they will do it .also he came out to look at it and said probably this is been replaced, and he advise me that they can inspect it and see if it needs replacement or has any issue than they will replace it. Any way i will take back to them next week apt and have them to replace those parts.
He was such a nice guy he also print repair history for my truck when it was under warranty

thx
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cascadia shut off randomly and turns back on while driving on the road - medseg2003 - 01-07-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.