Driveline noise/vibration
01-08-2021, (Subject: Driveline noise/vibration ) 
RE: Driveline noise/vibration
I'd start by draining the rears and seeing what comes out. I fear you chewed a crush washer or burnt a bearing up in 1 or both of those rears. You need to know they are alright 1st. If not you're OOS. Ive been there done that on 3 rears across this country and none went out anywhere close to home. The hotel and down time getting the rear in to wherever it goes out is the crappy expensive part. They can be done in a parking lot by hand but you had better have biggest smartest set of big boy pants on board to do it. Other than that its a tow bill and the mercy of whoever wherever to get the job done. Its better to catch it now then go any further.

Next is get those tires matched up as close as possible. Even if it means buying cheapy's till you get the money saved up for proper ones. Refer back to what you just read for the reason why. Take the short term hit so that doesn't happen.

As far as the uJoints... ive gotten 800,000 and much more out of those non greaseable 1's. So you have some time if money is tight. If I were you I'd save up to have the entire drive line taken out. Everything replaced and properly spun balanced. Also coraseal and por-15 it all for another go round of a good chunk of a million miles. Keep a close eye on everything till you pull the trigger on pulling it all out. Use a huge bar (3' or longer) to pry them around for play. Also grab them with your hand to feel if they click or clunk.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driveline noise/vibration - Chamberpains - 01-08-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.