Driveline noise/vibration
01-08-2021, (Subject: Driveline noise/vibration ) 
RE: Driveline noise/vibration
(01-08-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I'd start by draining the rears and seeing what comes out. I fear you chewed a crush washer or burnt a bearing up in 1 or both of those rears.

Added to my todo list. Anything in particular that I'd be looking for, other then just metal/debris?

(01-08-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Next is get those tires matched up as close as possible.

Called, waiting for approval on the national tire account to replace the remaining 4.

(01-08-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  As far as the uJoints... ive gotten 800,000 and much more out of those non greaseable 1's. So you have some time if money is tight.

I can get all 5 (not 6 as mentioned in the OP) U-Joints (Spicer brand) shipped to my home for about $675 which is currently well within my budget and changing them out is easy enough with my own tools. It may be early, but I see it as cheap insurance.

(01-08-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Use a huge bar (3' or longer) to pry them around for play. Also grab them with your hand to feel if they click or clunk.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driveline noise/vibration - JimT - 01-08-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.