ISX injector recall
04-24-2016, (Subject: ISX injector recall ) 
RE: Isx injector parts alert
(04-23-2016 )Pirate_Freder Wrote:  Dang, thanks for the heads up.

So I'm buying a 2010 with a CM871 525hp. The info either seems to be vague or affect a ridiculous amount of injectors. Rather than pulling them, does someone know or is there a way for me to find out if any of these part numbers were in service then?

The bulletin is for reman injectors. Unless someone got in it and put reman injectors in it,.. you should not worry.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-25-2016, (Subject: ISX injector recall ) 
Quick question. I was just given one of those part numbers on that list for replacements for my truck. If I have a 2010 with original injectors, would that be the same part number as what's in my motor now? I see it says before 01/29/16 but does that mean dating back to whenever, or say to like sometime last year?
replyreply
04-25-2016, (Subject: ISX injector recall ) 
(04-24-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  

So I'm buying a 2010 with a CM871 525hp. The info either seems to be vague or affect a ridiculous amount of injectors. Rather than pulling them, does someone know or is there a way for me to find out if any of these part numbers were in service then?

The bulletin is for reman injectors. Unless someone got in it and put reman injectors in it,.. you should not worry.

In parentheses it says new and reman on the bulletin. So, I can see the confusion.
replyreply
04-27-2016, (Subject: ISX injector recall ) 
They keep this info low key so they dont have a run on available parts. They're already in the weeds !
The biggest customers will know about it first, bet on it!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
04-27-2016, (Subject: ISX injector recall ) 
(04-27-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  They keep this info low key so they dont have a run on available parts. They're already in the weeds !
The biggest customers will know about it first, bet on it!
I agree, what the parts guy told me is that parts alert was never intended for me or general public to see.
Now there saying it's mostly a east coast problem.
I was also told that list may expand .
I think there will definitely be a run on injectors.
replyreply
04-29-2016, (Subject: ISX injector recall ) 
(04-25-2016 )graygoose Wrote:  

In parentheses it says new and reman on the bulletin. So, I can see the confusion.

Yeah, it says all injectors and then in the next sentence say that remans are also affected. Quickserve says my engine takes 4088665 which is on the list...damn. Well I wonder if I can get the dealer to take it to cummins and have them swapped before I pick it up.
replyreply
05-13-2016, (Subject: ISX injector recall ) 
(04-29-2016 )Pirate_Freder Wrote:  

Yeah, it says all injectors and then in the next sentence say that remans are also affected. Quickserve says my engine takes 4088665 which is on the list...damn. Well I wonder if I can get the dealer to take it to cummins and have them swapped before I pick it up.

Curious on whether anyone has had luck with this? I'm currently at gearheads getting a few things worked on. The recall is definitely legit but Cummins told him yesterday that it is for the shops to check their stock, guys with these things already in the motor are on their own basically.

I've got my recon motor with all 6 of these things in it... Only 200k miles or so on this motor, I'd like to get this resolved without coughing up money for 6 new injectors but I also am leary about leaving recalled injectors in my engine. Thoughts on what I should do? Perhaps some contacts that'll help me get this resolved.

Tks
replyreply
(05-13-2016 )bazdan902 Wrote:  
(04-29-2016 )Pirate_Freder Wrote:  

Curious on whether anyone has had luck with this? I'm currently at gearheads getting a few things worked on. The recall is definitely legit but Cummins told him yesterday that it is for the shops to check their stock, guys with these things already in the motor are on their own basically.

I've got my recon motor with all 6 of these things in it... Only 200k miles or so on this motor, I'd like to get this resolved without coughing up money for 6 new injectors but I also am leary about leaving recalled injectors in my engine. Thoughts on what I should do? Perhaps some contacts that'll help me get this resolved.

Tks

i too am getting this same response from cummins, a contact would be nice.
replyreply
no shi#t.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.