Battery draining problem
01-14-2021, (Subject: Battery draining problem ) 
Battery draining problem
Heys guys got another problem here, 2011 Peterbilt 367 isx15 2250 540122 miles and deleted... these past few weeks my battery has been draining if I don’t drive it everyday.. issue is when I finish my work day I turn my truck off and my dash lights and gauges stay on.. everything else is off but the dash lights.. I looked for fuses and nothing all is good ..I took off the key switch panel and I found two wires one going to the ground and one going to the Acc connection on the switch .. the Acc was burnt and the ground was completed off the connector.. but the key switch still works! I connected them both back on and the dash lights still stay on after I turn the truck off.. so idk what else to do... all this started happening when I would start to wash my truck thru a truck wash so idk I’m scratching my head.. can anyone help?
replyreply
RE: Battery draining problem
Never let a truck wash place wash under the hood around the wiring and engine .... ever!.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid49472

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yes sir I’ll never do that again.. I was going to put a battery disconnect switch in today just till I figure out the problem.. so I hope that works for now
replyreply
It's a Paccar. My Kenworth at times won't turn the dash lights on. Or other random interior lighting issues.
If you have ever looked at the wiring in the dash you would wonder why they don't catch on fire. Looks about like a back lashed open face reel in there.

You need a wiring schematic and patience.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.