W900 Hood Adjustment
01-14-2021, (Subject: W900 Hood Adjustment ) 
W900 Hood Adjustment
Hi Guys.

Running a 2015 W900, its rebuilt after accident and while driving on a bit of a rough road I am getting this knocking coming from the right side of the hood. I have done a lot of adjusting on it to try to get it to sit solid but cant seem to find what's causing it. Any ideas? Tips?
replyreply
RE: W900 Hood Adjustment
We used to get similar noises on our Peterbilts when the hoods bushings would get worn out. I believe yours are the post style around waist high of I recall correctly since you have a W900.

There may also be a pad style up just under the windshield to check, but that's typically a Peterbilt thing.
replyreply
I haVe the same issue and my issue is on the hood itself. The hood is damaged on a way the the mount no longer works
replyreply
01-17-2021, (Subject: W900 Hood Adjustment ) 
I’m of mind that it’s the hood going from side to side but I can’t seem to find what should stop it.
replyreply
05-23-2021, (Subject: W900 Hood Adjustment ) 
When I was researching Metton hood repair after a deer strike with my 14 W900L I kept stumbling into information and "how to's" on "pocket repair" which -the way I understood it- is repair of the pockets bonded to the bottom side of the hood that the two big rubber pins that the hood rests on that are bolted to the cowl/firewall. The indications referred to sound very similar to the conditions you describe. Sorry, not first hand experience, but hope it helps. Now, if you ever tear the corner off under the headlights be sure and go back and pick up the pieces and maybe I can help you save several thousand dollars......
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.