Power service/Lucas oil treatment
01-15-2021, (Subject: Power service/Lucas oil treatment ) 
Power service/Lucas oil treatment
What’s your thoughts on running power service in the Luccas oil treatment and an ISX
replyreply
RE: Power service/Lucas oil treatment
The brainwashing of truckers to take their money for no good reason in our industry is thick with products like that. I will not put pukas in my oil.. it is a complete waste of moneys in my own opinion.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...618#pid618

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Regardless of engine make, no magic blend of words difficult to pronounce will produce results better than shorter maintenance intervals. While there may be products to assist in internal cleaning (to be used very cautiously), once damage has been done---its done. No 'bandaid' miracle additive will bring it back to pre-neglected condition.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Was just asking because I’ve always used them both in my cat motors over the years without any problems
replyreply
(01-15-2021 )JAsaro Wrote:  Was just asking because I’ve always used them both in my cat motors over the years without any problems

I have seen my share of people who would swear the same for an ISX engine ... What else do you think pays for all that heavy advertising of those products at every truck stop counter oil change place trying to push this same stuff onto you thru sheer peer pressure?.

Ask em to put in a gallon of compatible gear-lube (less than 1/3 the price of that pukas but contains an actual additive package in it) into your engine of the same 90-110 viscosity ... and they will look at you like your head just got screwed on sideways, telling you that your destroying your engine (with zero information to actually back that claim up).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JAsaro
01-16-2021, (Subject: Power service/Lucas oil treatment ) 
What Rawze points out the most when it comes to Pukas and other snake oils is what all modern snake oils are. They are an "inert" or mostly ineffective product that makes claims that they are actually doing something. They profit in the "prove a negative" stance. Prove its doing harm... its not.... well then if its not harmful and it looks cool, then by default all my glorious claims that its "the best shi#t ever for all things ever" have to be right.... right???

Modern snake oil salesman and companies learned quickly they can't sell something that actually does something provable. Because if they did they'd be open to lawsuits and insurmountable competition.

Pukas is just as good at what they claim as what "enhanced waters" claim... ./uploads/202101/post_3285_1610800756_411287ca32050f43266f64fd381ffdc9.png
Add this stuff right here to your normal clean water and it will make it more better water!! Beacuse it is more better!!

And to prove it, im gonna add this water to crappy water... here, try the crappy water... it tastes awful, right? Well let me add my "enhanced water"... now try it... its not nearly as crappy, right? My case is proven.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JAsaro

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.