Prostar flex pipe after turbo
07-28-2016, (Subject: Prostar flex pipe after turbo ) 
Prostar flex pipe after turbo
Is the only replacement for the first mess rapped flex pipe after the turbo the factory one? It is expensive from International, and the high heat resistants may not be needed after the MM treatment. This was covered in a tread before the great purge and I'm looking for other ideas.
replyreply
07-28-2016, (Subject: Prostar flex pipe after turbo ) 
RE: Prostar flex pipe after turbo
try these guys on the link below if you want something made here in the states.

http://www.truckpipesusa.com/products/ih...haust.html

./uploads/201607/post_2_1469708602_db94e80531c57650521c84f7e0ebde24.jpg

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
09-02-2016, (Subject: Prostar flex pipe after turbo ) 
I just received that pipe today and the top is ceramic coated but the flex isn't a mesh flex, looks like just regular flex pipe. Wondering if anyone else has used this pipe and how long it would last?

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
09-02-2016, (Subject: Prostar flex pipe after turbo ) 
When the joints at the ends of the flex part started failing on mine, I just wrapped them with a 5" band clamp. $20 fix instead of $900.
replyreply
09-03-2016, (Subject: Prostar flex pipe after turbo ) 
I priced that same aftermarket exhaust piece and when shipping was factored in, it was only within a few dollars of what my local dealer was selling the OEM part for. For what little difference in cost, I think just sticking with the OEM part is the better purchase in the long run. And on a truck with the MM, I think it will last just as long, if not longer than the aftermarket unit, at least from what was described here. Personally, I have had ZERO luck with any aftermarket parts on my particular truck, ZERO.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.