ISX 450 CM570 taking too long to start and using too much oil
01-23-2021, (Subject: ISX 450 CM570 taking too long to start and using too much oil ) 
RE: ISX 450 CM570 taking too long to start and using too much oil
(01-21-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-21-2021 )christiank77 Wrote:  Sorry for the late response.The liners have already been removed from the engine so I cannot tell the driver side and passenger side but attached are the photos of the liners.Hoping the picture quality is good enough (I could not do better).

wow, that is a lot of wear all the way around on that thing. Almost looks washed out a bit like maybe coolant was getting into it?

There is also a lot of lateral thrust wear from what i can tell ... a bit more than usually seen...

Did that thing have any custom programming in it?

If so, then send over a copy of what is in the ecm and I will review it for ya.

Here is something for comparison .. this is a liner photo of a well cared for engine with a million miles on it. The thrust wear can be seen but it is not a whole lot much more than the rest.

and here is a liner that was severely abused by a bad (PeeDeeEyeI) delete. the injection timing was upwards of 15+ degrees at 750HP and high torque. Lateral thrust wear from excess boost and timing was so high that is split the liner.
Thanks for the liner pictures. Now I know what normal wear looks like and what damage can happen due to abuse. I would not know if my ECM has any custom programming but I will look for someone to do the download and post copy so that you can review it. Is it similar to downloading from a PLC?I work with PLCs. ECMs are totally new territory.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX 450 CM570 taking too long to start and using too much oil - christiank77 - 01-23-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.