Inframe
03-31-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
RE: Inframe
I seriously doubt that came out of an oil jug.
Anything is possible, but I wouldn't think that was in a new jug of oil.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
04-01-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
Kinda looks like an alignment pin for something?? I agree with Mattman, it didn't come out of a new jug of oil.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I'm with Tree, an alignment pin for something, at least that is what it looks like to me. I'm trying to think of something like that when we in framed mine, does not look familiar or ring any bells.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Looks kinda like this:

Dowel Pin

Maybe check quickserve to see where it goes. I tried but without the ESN for your engine it doesn't show me anything
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Pd6cas2
(04-01-2021 )RocketScott Wrote:  Looks kinda like this:

Dowel Pin

Maybe check quickserve to see where it goes. I tried but without the ESN for your engine it doesn't show me anything
Jerry has a guy from Cummins researching trying to see what it is. The head dowel pins are flat on the ends. I don't believe it got there during the inframe. And the pan was removed at 718 miles. The new pan was upside down on the cardboard from being painted. I turned it over and handed it to the shop owner and one of his guys down in the pit. I sat on the steps and watched it go on. That's why I'm leaning towards it being in one of the jugs of oil.
replyreply
It couldn't have been in a sealed jug of oil. Maybe in a jug they were refilling and using, either way it would have made a distinct clanking noise going down through and hitting the pan. I would think someone would have heard it.

However it got there I wouldn't worry to much about it, likely wasn't causing any problems anyway.

replyreply
(03-31-2021 )Ricky Wrote:  So I had the oil changed today because I have been out a lot. I was going to change it Saturday but it stormed and I left early Sunday. But I had them take the center plug out to get a good drain. Here are two pictures of what came out. I showed it to Jerry and the guy who replaced the oil pan. It doesn't look familiar to anyone. Has anyone seen anything like this with an ISX? Is it possible that it was in one of the oil jugs when the pan was replaced? I bought the oil and gear oil from a local Walmart. I don't see any issues with the engine. And there are no marks on the piece that came out. I'm really thinking it came from inside one of the jugs of oil.

Best I can tell, it seems to be either of ...

The dowel pin that holds either the main crank-shaft gear that drives the oil pump, etc.
... or ...

The dowel that retains the tone wheel and crank shaft front adapter from spinning.

Might want to have that checked out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-15-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
Glad you pointed out the oil pan. I just inframed mine, and saw pretty deep rub marks from my dipstick in the same place. I dimpled it in a little and hit it with a mig welder and ground it flat before cleaning the pan, then trimmed the dipstick. No more contact.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
04-15-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
What ever happened with this dowel pin??

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.