Brake stop lights issue/Prostar 2009
07-28-2016, (Subject: Brake stop lights issue/Prostar 2009 ) 
Brake stop lights issue/Prostar 2009
Recently I have been experiencing intermittent issues with the electrical circuitry for my stop lights, both tractor and trailer. I have replaced the brake switch and the trailer brake lights relay in the panel. Using DLB at the company's shop the brake lights come on. It had inactive code for the load sheedding relay. Are the brake lights connected to it, should I just bypass it? Any suggestions as to what might be the problem, are greatly appreciated.
replyreply
07-28-2016, (Subject: Brake stop lights issue/Prostar 2009 ) 
RE: Brake stop lights issue/Prostar 2009
Mt brake lights went out last year on mine. It was the disconnect plug at the brake lights in the back shorting out.

I cut the plug out and spliced the wires with connectors and silicone sealant.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-29-2016, (Subject: Brake stop lights issue/Prostar 2009 ) 
Funny, mine had the same problem and I did the same fix Rawze did. If only it worked for abs wire failures, those damn duplex wires don't like being fix like that.
replyreply
07-29-2016, (Subject: Brake stop lights issue/Prostar 2009 ) 
(07-29-2016 )8042 Wrote:  Funny, mine had the same problem and I did the same fix Rawze did. If only it worked for abs wire failures, those damn duplex wires don't like being fix like that.

I had ABS issues, 2008 ProStar, took the truck to the dealer to put the computer on the body controller... It was the compass, bad can bus. I found a new one on eBay for $20 and replaced, my ABS issues went away. Oh, that compass from the dealer was $350 and backordered.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.