EGR pipe
01-24-2021, (Subject: EGR pipe ) 
RE: EGR pipe
as to the cause, it should be built to withstand normal operating pressures, so pulling a small hill shouldn't have caused it. If the system was sealed off completely (as I think it would have been) then (as I've been told) excess pressure can potentially build up inside the EGR cooler. Maybe a coolant leak in the EGR cooler, maybe just gaseous expansion due to the heat in and around the system. Either way, I'd suspect marek4792 is right that the pipe was sub-par and just happened to be a weak point.

It was suggested to me while reassembling my engine that, assuming i had BOTH block plates installed, I should leave the clamp on that exact location loose to allow for pressure equalization with the added bonus of being able to see if there's a coolant leak inside my EGR cooler.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
(01-24-2021 )Explosia Wrote:  I’m screwed I’m not making any boost.

{post removed.. bad advice}

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
Why would you need pressure equalization when both sides are blocked? Can I drive 10 miles like this?
replyreply
You could drive with no boost pressure so long as you call for very little power. Limping down the road to an exit or something. Maybe 15mph or so depending on load and terrain and very light on the accelerator pedal. Not a long term solution, but gets you to a safe place.

replyreply
Any tips on getting the boost pipes off to look at the turbo? Everything is being very stubborn and I don’t want to break the clamp to the turbo or rip the rubber boots.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
don't worry about those big clamps on the silcone boots, just remove the small clamp on the turbo outlet and then you can move the pipe side to side enough to look in.

Also, remove the clamp on the front of the turbo on the black elbow to see and inspect the turbine blades.

replyreply
I figured that out after I got it off haha. Well here it is.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Just an update for those reading along.

He called me and explained that he has no boost pressure yet there IS a block plate between the Intake manifold and the crossover tube. In addition when the engine is running he can hear air or exhaust escaping from that broken pipe between the EGR cooler and EGR valve.

replyreply
01-28-2021, (Subject: EGR pipe ) 
Any update on this? Ever figure out what the root cause was?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.