RIP CM2250, 2013, 800,000km 20,000 hrs
01-27-2021, (Subject: RIP CM2250, 2013, 800,000km 20,000 hrs ) 
RE: RIP CM2250, 2013, 800,000km 20,000 hrs
anything used you are always going to run the risk that something is wrong with it. Not saying there is, just that the risk is there even if it's been gone through. so even if the initial investment is less for a used engine there's a chance that it will need additional work bringing the overall cost closer to new...

but, you have to weigh the higher initial cost of a new engine with the expected lifetime return when coupled with the already used truck. Will the rest of the truck last long enough to justify the new engine?

Personally, I'd stick with the same engine so you don't need to worry about any rewiring. A 2350 is still fairly new that another 10 years down the line parts should still be readily available, however 10 years from now who know what the market will be like for that 6nz or even the C15. Not to mention potential fuel savings that a newer engine *might* offer.

As for mandate/demandate. That should depend on your business, location and needs. Local dump work might be more pleasant without the mandate, but maybe local government interaction might not? As far as getting it done right, I don't see that as a deciding factor since you probably already know where to turn (only someone recommended by rawze ).

Now, my personal opinion, if I was in your position I'd probably look at option C if I had the money. Otherwise option A or D, depending on other contributing factors.

There's also Option E: Sell the truck as-is or for parts and buy something else. Could end up being more cost effective depending on your situation.

My 2 cents, not that it's worth much...

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RIP CM2250, 2013, 800,000km 20,000 hrs - JimT - 01-27-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.