blow by , oil consumption
01-28-2021, (Subject: blow by , oil consumption ) 
blow by , oil consumption
Mr Rawse ; my 2007 ISX has gotten a new camshaft (valve side) new oil pump , new aircompressor , new turbo , new EGR valve , and continues to have substantial blow by . I was sooting up oil filters by the dozens , changing oil and filters every 400 / 500 miles until adding Amsoil by pass filter . I Think may have carbon stuck rings ? Liners and pistons have less than 200,000 miles . Where can I read more of your knowledge / writing about this and the possibility of " liner dancing " ?I thought I saw it somewhere , but can't find it now.
Thank you so much for all your help thus far . fatboy .
replyreply
RE: blow by , oil consumption
What brand of parts were used on the liners and Pistons?

Is there any soot build up around valve springs? Guessing you have blow by like a steam powered locomotive.

They make some oil think it's Valvoline brand that is supposed to help with cleaning up the carbon in the rings.

But I am not sure there is going to be an easy fix for you.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
thank you Mattman ; you are probably right , Work was done in Denver at KW House before I bought trk. Should have been Cummins parts , not sure . smokes pretty bad ( stacks , light gray ) when I use jakes also , but was hoping to not have to pull down , and replace , pistons and liners ; $$ Just spent on the parts I mentioned about $6 K . I will do the red neck tube test I just found by Rawse and friend , ( probably unload tube of fluid , lol ), Thank you again .fat boy .
replyreply
Is this tractor deleted or has anyone that you know of messed with the programming?

Of course I know of at least one person on here who had a dealer completely screw up his inframe with wrong parts and such, so a previous inframe doesn't guarantee anything :( Or maybe they reused the head or got a reman head and now that one is just worn out?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
The stealers$its are the worst places to have an inframe done on an ISX. They are not going to do anything much to actually extend that engines life most of the time, but rather only change the bare minimum parts to get whatever complaint to go away+ do a horrible short-cutted job from h#ell.

Here is a mighty fine example of this. We had to tear this engine down only 80k miles after the stealerS4it put more than $40,000 in parts/labor into this engine :
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid25356

If someone tried to sell me a truck with a fresh inframe/overhaul,.. I would not pay anything higher than what i would pay for a truck with a blown engine these days.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Toolguy
01-29-2021, (Subject: blow by , oil consumption ) 
thank ya'll for your response , all of you . I will get my trusted private to re-ring ect. Have read days and days of this forum , My hat is off to you Rawse for starting it and helping thousands O OPs. thank you again . fatboy .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.