Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues
02-01-2021, (Subject: Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues ) 
Star Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues
Have a 2012 ford f750 with a cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350
Ecm# 3042867
Engine serial# 73532969
Current ecm code DT904206.06
When I log into insite it shows that there is a new updated ecm code available- DT906206.08
Does anyone know if the updated ecm calibration code has anything to do with my current issues??

Codes that keep popping up are:

I keep having sporadic def pressure issues. And def tank level issues.

So I monitor insite driving down the road and the def pressure sensor jumps all over from 130psi down to say 3psi, it never stays consistently at say 130psi.
I'm assuming it definitely is power related since I can watch the def pressure sensor voltage drop from
3.5v down to 0.8 volts.
Of course once def pressure drops under like 30psi it starts throwing codes.

So the truck was dropped off at a dealer due to it being a company truck and they swapped out the dosing module and a new def dosing injector due to the injector tip leaking. When I got the truck back it seemed to help for a couple days and then it started showing low def fluid when the def tank is full.
I rechecked def line orientation and that seems correct, I removed the def line going to the dosing injector and blew air through it so I know it isn't plugged.
Made sure the dosing module says 12v not 24v

The def tank temperature seems like it doesn't change much either. Temps range from say about 32-50 at most when it's about 15-30 degrees outside.

So this morning before I started truck I plugged into truck with insite and I noted the following temp sensors:
Aftertreatment def temp 21°F
Scr intake temp 24°F
Scr outlet temp 27°F
Barometric air pressure 29.3
Egr temp 26.2°F
Oem air temp 29°F
Turbo compressor outlet air temp 57.2°F
Intake mani psi sensor 1.19V
Intake temp sensor 2.75V
Intake mani temp 25°F
Def intake temp 26.2°F
Doc intake temp 26.6F
Def fluid psi sensor 0.8V

The only sensor that seemed out of wack was the turbo compressor outlet temp listed at 57.2 on a cold engine.

Now I have a few sensors that read 0 even when truck is running and they never change:
Def fluid temp sensor 0.0V
Scr intake temp signal 0.0V
Scr outlet temp signal 0.0V
Engine oil psi signal 0.0V
Egr valve position sensor 0.0V

On the scr intake and outlet temp sensors they read properly and temp wise they change when the truck is running and during regen except the voltage never changes on these scr temp sensors. They still always shows 0Volts which doesn't seem correct to me.

I know their is an Aftertreatment diesel exhaust fluid power relay located somewhere on this truck but I can't find it anywhere. I looked at all the fuses and relays and nothing is marked or labeled as this.

I'm trying to go over the basics, checked my ground studs and they are nice and tight.
Where the main ecm harness splits off from the 5 or 6 plugs just behind the engine/along side the d/s engine. I checked the plugs and pulled them apart and checked the pins and no pins seem pushed out of the connector and not making connection. The harness that runs from this point back to the dosing module and splits off to the scr side doesn't look the greatest. It is not wrapped in split loom. Its wrapped in some type of black cloth type crap and its hard to inspect the wires.

Their is a few spots where the harness splits off and is like almost kinked over.

I suppose the only easy way to figure out where my bad wires are located in this harness is to just remove the harness from the truck and start checking continuity?

I may not be able to find it because depending on the way the harness lays it very well could check out fine continuity wise.
Their is a few spots where the harness looked to be rubbing back and fourth but it wasn't completely worn through the outside of the black cloth wrapping.
replyreply
RE: Cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350 dozing pump issues
(02-01-2021 )joed2323 Wrote:  Have a 2012 ford f750 with a cummins isb 6.7 b101 cm2350
Ecm# 3042867
Engine serial# 73532969

errors...
3574 = Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid Pressure - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level.

3714 = Engine Protection Torque Derate - Condition Exists

3712 = Aftertreatment SCR Operator Inducement - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Most Severe Level

3596 = Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid Pressure - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect

1682 = Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Exhaust Fluid Dosing Unit Input Lines - Condition Exists

======================

FIRST AND FOREMOST.... that DT90420 program does not seem to be the right program for your engine and truck. Am I missing something or did some complete dips$it jump CPL's in attempts to raise the HP and torque incorrectly?

Your engine ser# calls for DT90065 (CPL-3612). and you said your program is currently DT90420(CPL-4786). Comparing the 2 programs in their entirety, here is what I see at a glance, power and torque differences set aside ...

* BTW: If someone did this to your engine in attempts to "up the horsepower" they completely screwed up!. Ironically as well, the only change to actual power and torque between the 2 programs is all above 2300+ RPM. Below this point, they are identical in power and torque. - So unless your driving it above 2300 rpm a whole lot, there was zero benefit in some idiot jumping CPL's to get it to a higher power level, but only to cause problems instead.

* The DT90065 program has SCR warm-up and temperature management features turned ON while they are disabled in the DT90420. This could dead to a lot of issues with the SCR system in general including hindering its ability to operate correctly.

* The DT90420 program is designed for a slightly different fuel pressure accumulator that is assigned to different pins on the ecm wiring. This means that the ECM is likely not getting the correct data for the fuel pressure accumulator feedback circuit.

* The DT90420 program is designed for A DIFFERENT STYLE OF TRUCK and different CAC unit, different and exhaust intake piping etc. - The truck settings are not comparable with the DT90065 program that is required for your engine. This will make the engine not run as efficiently as it should, it will make the wrong EGR requests, produce more soot and emissions systems problems than normal.

* The DT90420 program has slightly different fuelling quantities for the DPF regen process than the DT90065 program. This may negatively effect the regen and other emissions system cleaning cycles.

* The DT90420 program has more stringent O2 exhaust monitoring settings, making it more sensitive to O2 and Ammonia (NH3) exhaust errors.

* The DT90420 program is designed for a turbo with a different exhaust turbine. This could effect a lot including weakening the engine brakes for the vehicle.

* Several SCR diagnostic settings are different. I can only assume the DT90420 program may have been designed for a slightly different model SCR canister than what is in your truck?

* Urea Quality sensing is set quite a bit more stringent, however it looks like part of the error logic for it is disabled in the DT90420 program.

* Urea Dosing def quantity tables look they might be made for a slightly different Urea injector. They are certainly set for spraying different quantities in the DT90420 program.This could have a negative impact on the SCR efficiency expectations and may cause faults to happen more frequently (just an educated guess, unsure).

* Engine exhaust NOx settings are more stringent in the DT90420 program. This means the engine will try harder to control emissions in the cylinders than the other program. I Find this odd, as the DT90420 program is higher HP, but then again, it is the same exact power/torque throughout most of the operating range of the engine. Thought I would mention it any ways.

- This is what is seen at a glance. It is painfully obvious that these 2 programs are not compatible with each other and the engine, the turbo positioning, the engine brake, the emissions systems, etc. will suffer the consequences of not having the right program for the right hardware. It is called Critical Parts List (CPL) for a damn good reason!

Here is some related reading: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-01-2021 )joed2323 Wrote:  ...
update avail...DT906206.08
Does anyone know if the updated ecm calibration code has anything to do with my current issues??

Codes that keep popping up are:

The program update documentation shows that it reduces occurrences for fault codes 1682, 115, and 334 but not the other faults you are getting. Unless you have left out some details somewhere about your engine and truck, You need to first go back and install the right program (the DT90065 program) before chasing more ghosts due to improper program and hoping that updates alone will solve your issues.

The DT90065 program made for your specific engine and truck (according to QSOL) , its update has these same corrections in it as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze,

Thank you for responding with the information I was wondering/looking for on the ecm update information. I am not sure what the hell happened with why/how there is the wrong ecm calibration installed on this ecm?

I'm not sure if I have the right access to download this updated ecm calibration onto my ecm or not. What will I need to update the calibration file onto the ecm?

Do I need to schedule an appointment with a cummins dealer or is this something I should be able to do relatively easy?

I will try posting screen shots this morning of cummins insite and what it is showing.
replyreply

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Screen shots

replyreply
post some pics of the after-treatment history. Also post a pic of the engine use history graph.

replyreply
Aftertreatment history
I'm not sure what you mean by engine use graph?

replyreply
Engine graph?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.