DELTA P SENSOR CM871
07-29-2016, (Subject: DELTA P SENSOR CM871 ) 
DELTA P SENSOR CM871
I was doing the Egr tune up on my 09 prostar with cm871 but I notice on the delta p sensor there was moisture on both inlet and outlet holes and that sensor it's 5 months old I check the rest of the components and I couldn't find moisture no where else and I'm not missing coolant and it didn't smell like coolant either it was plain water so I'm not sure if its normal or when the truck gets washed moisture gets to it? Truck was washed a couple days ago
replyreply
RE: DELTA P SENSOR CM871
(07-29-2016 )RTRUCKING48 Wrote:  I was doing the Egr tune up on my 09 prostar with cm871 but I notice on the delta p sensor there was moisture on both inlet and outlet holes and that sensor it's 5 months old I check the rest of the components and I couldn't find moisture no where else and I'm not missing coolant and it didn't smell like coolant either it was plain water so I'm not sure if its normal or when the truck gets washed moisture gets to it? Truck was washed a couple days ago

The EGR piping is a place where a lot of moisture builds up. -- Ever see a car in the morning with water/condensation coming out of the tail pipe? -- The EGR circuits on an ISX does the same thing when they warm up, especially if it has been raining, or humidity is high.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(07-29-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-29-2016 )RTRUCKING48 Wrote:  I was doing the Egr tune up on my 09 prostar with cm871 but I notice on the delta p sensor there was moisture on both inlet and outlet holes and that sensor it's 5 months old I check the rest of the components and I couldn't find moisture no where else and I'm not missing coolant and it didn't smell like coolant either it was plain water so I'm not sure if its normal or when the truck gets washed moisture gets to it? Truck was washed a couple days ago

The EGR piping is a place where a lot of moisture builds up. -- Ever see a car in the morning with water/condensation coming out of the tail pipe? -- The EGR circuits on an ISX does the same thing when they warm up, especially if it has been raining, or humidity is high.

Thanks Rawze yeah that's what I thought but wasn't sure
replyreply
09-07-2019, (Subject: DELTA P SENSOR CM871 ) 
I was doing a PM today while sitting and checked my delta p sensor(3 months old), on my 2015 freightliner cascadia and found moisture on the sensor; wet as you described. Smelled it, no smell, no color...not losing coolant, what is it; condensation I thought.
Scared me something bad :s ... :idea: did a search and found this thread.

Thanks for asking and thanks for the answer. :D
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.