Is it mandatory for a 5 inch pound torque wrench
02-02-2021, (Subject: Is it mandatory for a 5 inch pound torque wrench ) 
RE: Is it mandatory for a 5 inch pound torque wrench
Thanks for all the help..I know how the Jake is supposed to work from when it worked correctly . The old girl used to hold pretty good but when she cuts out I start gaining speed quick .I'm kind of thinking it's electrical . I run out to the NW so I need all the Jake I can get when I'm weighting 86k.
replyreply
02-02-2021, (Subject: Is it mandatory for a 5 inch pound torque wrench ) 
Thing is a new wiring harness might be a bugger. This motor came out of a freightliner and its been put in a 90 379...its still pretty basic considering its 99
replyreply
02-04-2021, (Subject: Is it mandatory for a 5 inch pound torque wrench ) 
I could be wrong with regard to a cm570 as I don't know too much about it, but the truck make/model shouldn't be an issue. You're talking about an engine only wiring harness, connecting internal parts to the ECM. That harness doesn't interface with the truck. Should be able to search your ESN and pull up the cummins part number on quickserve or on parts.cummins.com

{video deleted by Rawze. no torque wrench used, a lot of mistakes.}.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
02-05-2021, (Subject: Is it mandatory for a 5 inch pound torque wrench ) 
(02-04-2021 )JimT Wrote:  I could be wrong with regard to a cm570 as I don't know too much about it, but the truck make/model shouldn't be an issue. You're talking about an engine only wiring harness, connecting internal parts to the ECM. That harness doesn't interface with the truck. Should be able to search your ESN and pull up the cummins part number on quickserve or on parts.cummins.com

{video deleted by Rawze. no torque wrench used, a lot of mistakes.}.

those 2 complete bumble-f$ucks in that video that I removed need to get as far away from ISX engines as they can... I feel sorry for anyone who visits that shop!

and the comment section is even worse!

I know my own videos are amateur and not always 100% correct ... BUT GODDAMN AT LEAST THEY COULD HAVE USED THE RIGHT TOOLS, CORRECT TORQUE SPECS, CLEARANCES, AND SPECS FOR THE DAMN JOB!. THOSE IDIOTS DID NOT EVEN CHECK PROPER DETENT CLEARANCES ON A FRESH BUILD... AND ALL KINDS OF OTHER MISTAKES THAT CAN EASILY COST THAT TRUCK OWNER HIS ENTIRE ENGINE!

This is a mighty fine example that some people should not be working on diesel engines.. and CERTAINLY should not be making videos about it for others to follow.

How much you want to bet that engine build is just as bad!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-05-2021, (Subject: Is it mandatory for a 5 inch pound torque wrench ) 
sorry about that. I should have watched it all before posting it. I'd like to blame the Meyer's rum for my lack of due diligence, but that would just be making an excuse. I made an assumption and that's my mistake.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.