Advice for newbie
02-04-2021, (Subject: Advice for newbie ) 
RE: Advice for newbie
(02-03-2021 )Thinman Wrote:  I don’t think anything major has been done to this truck. I talked to the mechanic at the small trucking company that owned it first. They said no records at their office. The farmer is a young guy and I think his grandpa was one who bought the truck. The mechanic barely remembers the truck. The farmer said other than oil changes at every 10k, they hadn’t done anything to it. He is getting out of farming so selling equipment. He admitted he really had no idea of the trucks real value. He said they just came up with price of 30 l. I looked it over pretty good I think. The egr valve was just unplugged at the unit. I offered him 15 K and talked to him a while. He didn’t seem offended at my offer. He said will talk to family about price and get back tomorrow or next day. If he accepts, I’ll go back down there and drive the trick for a few miles to make sure the drivetrain in up to snuff. I’m not familiar with Cummins, so am being cautious. I was a driver/dispatcher/ operations manager for a small 25 truck Reefer operation in Nebr for 26 years. We ran only T 600 with Detroit’s. I don’t recall any warning light on dash.

sounds to me like the typical severely neglected, bad-delete, abused truck.

no warning light in the dash and egr valve unplugged ... I would walk away unless your prepared to straighten that mess out and are prepared/have the resources to in-frame it due to damage by bad delete programming.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Advice for newbie - Thinman - 02-03-2021,
RE: Advice for newbie - Rawze - 02-03-2021,
RE: Advice for newbie - Rawze - 02-04-2021
RE: Advice for newbie - Rawze - 02-04-2021,
RE: Advice for newbie - JimT - 02-05-2021,
RE: Advice for newbie - tree98 - 02-23-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.