ISX cm87x valve spring compressor
02-06-2021, (Subject: ISX cm87x valve spring compressor ) 
ISX cm87x valve spring compressor
I have a wet exhaust cylinder and it appears to be oil. This truck sat for a couple years then was ran for a couple years and then sat for 8 months. The Coolant level has been stable. Im sending an oil analysis out to confirm its not coolant. While I'm waiting I'm gonna pull the injectors and have a look at the cylinder. If it checks out good, im gonna replace the valve guide seals.

For the life of me I can't find the valve spring compressor for my cm871. It appears cummins discontinued or stopped selling the actual tool they say I need. All my searches for aftermarket or anything at all have come back with nothing. I see plenty for the small dodge cummins but nothing specific for an ISX cm87x.

Any help would be great. A part number or a link would be great. This will probably be a 1 time deal so I'm fine with aftermarket.
replyreply
RE: ISX cm87x valve spring compressor
There's no picture but maybe this is it ??

https://s1partscenter.com/brands/cummins/valve/4919358

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
RE: ISX cm87x valve spring compressor
Thats the one. I saw it. I was hoping for an aftermarket. Or something a hair cheaper. Im gonna tear in to it next oil change so I have time to keep looking. I had the turbo off twice for other issues and it wasn't very bad. I'd hoped it would clear up with some running. That isn't happening. So valve seals are kind of a $150 shot while I'll have the injectors out to inspect the cylinders. I dont want it to turn in to a $500 shot.

In the mean time I'll get the oil sample back and I also ordered a manometer to check blow-by. Im 30,000 miles in to this mistake and im tired of wondering about the health of the engine. Im too deep in to this truck to back out now and I still think it has potential to be a solid truck. The engine runs smooth and great. Fuel mileage is in the 7's and it runs on single cylinders like a champ. Theres smoke out the fill tube but no worse than my cm870's ever had... 617,000 miles so... idk.

I just keep planting my foot up my back side everytime something else pops up. But at least im learning my equipment inside and out. Just way faster than I'd like. Haha.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.