CM2350 gear housing gasket
02-08-2021, (Subject: CM2350 gear housing gasket ) 
CM2350 gear housing gasket
What is the correct way to unload scissor gear? Quickserve says turn 2 screws out until its unloaded. Does it matter which 2 screws? and do i need to mark the 2 that i loosened and then make sure to tighten those same 2?

What is lubriplate? Is there alternatives i could use?

Having trouble finding Loctite 609 for cam gear. Does it need to be this or can i use a different loctite?
replyreply
RE: CM2350 gear housing gasket
I used two bolts that were across from each other. You will be able to tell which two you backed off.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
How big of a hurry are you in for the loctite 609? Figure auto parts store could get you some fairly quickly. Side note my cam gear did not have any loctite on it. I was shocked it didn't slip.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
(02-08-2021 )eggtrucks Wrote:  What is the correct way to unload scissor gear? Quickserve says turn 2 screws out until its unloaded. Does it matter which 2 screws? and do i need to mark the 2 that i loosened and then make sure to tighten those same 2?

What is lubriplate? Is there alternatives i could use?

Having trouble finding Loctite 609 for cam gear. Does it need to be this or can i use a different loctite?

Check your local bicycle shop for the LocTite, they sometimes sell it.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Rawze Amazon page has it.
replyreply
Permatex makes an equivalent to Loctite 609 called high temp retaining compound. It is green and in the same container with a different label.

For the scissor gear I backed off two of the bolts next to each other to avoid having to bar over the engine to get the opposing bolt. Worked fine. Mark them and torque them When reassembling to the spec in quickserve. Make sure you use the proper puller if removing the cam gear.

Lubriplate is a white assembly grease. You can use an engine assembly lube of different brands but lubriplate should be available at any auto parts store and is cheap.

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
Aren't we supposed to throw the scissor gear away and replace it with something else?? I remember something about the scissor gear isn't good.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
02-09-2021, (Subject: CM2350 gear housing gasket ) 
(02-08-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Aren't we supposed to throw the scissor gear away and replace it with something else?? I remember something about the scissor gear isn't good.

depends on which scissor gear your referring to. Some engines have an alternate non-scissor gear available but some engines like the 2350, I don't think have this option.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-09-2021, (Subject: CM2350 gear housing gasket ) 
(02-08-2021 )SemiSweet Wrote:  Permatex makes an equivalent to Loctite 609 called high temp retaining compound. It is green and in the same container with a different label.

I think this is incorrect information. - What would the product number be, as I don't see it...
https://www.permatex.com/contact/cross-reference/

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.