Stuck with a load
02-08-2021, (Subject: Stuck with a load ) 
Thumbs Up Stuck with a load
What can you do when you’re stocked with a load and don’t hear from the brocker.
I picked a load yesterday and delivery appointment was this morning. I got there on time but the receiver didn’t open until evening. Then they told me my appointment is for tomorrow night Meanwhile my load is water and is freezing because of cold weather in MI. ( below 20 degrees)
I called the broker several times but people who answered the phone are in South American and they say they escalate the situations to their superiors. The broker office is in Seattle, WA. What would you do if you were in my situation?
replyreply
02-09-2021, (Subject: Stuck with a load ) 
RE: Stuck with a load
If freezing will ruin the load...

maybe some cheap tarps to cut up, duct tape, and about 3 kerosene heaters under the trailer?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-09-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  If freezing will ruin the load...

maybe some cheap tarps to cut up, duct tape, and about 3 kerosene heaters under the trailer?
It’s pallets of bottled water in dry van.
So basically I have no opinions?
replyreply
You did what you could, if the water freezes, it freezes... Hopefully you are compensated for the time you wasted.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Not sure if this is useful, but when I did a 7up load they said to idle or run a heater/reefer if available. Apparently vibration from idling would prevent the beverage from freezing. Definitely seek compensation for sure and don't let them stick you with a claim if the bottles burst. They knew it'd be cold and should've ordered the proper truck (heated van/reefer) for extended waiting time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , Pd6cas2
If water in plastic bottles you likely will be OK.
Next time do some research on who you going to work for.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
02-10-2021, (Subject: Stuck with a load ) 

replyreply
(02-10-2021 )alborz Wrote:  

I have no idea.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Is the trailer sealed? If not I'd check to see if the water is freezing in the bottles. A couple of those propane heaters will keep the trailer temps warm enough to prevent freezing. If the shipper didn't request a heated trailer to prevent freezing then they shouldn't be upset with frozen bottles. I've frozen water in bottles and when it thaws no damage has occurred.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.