Coolant loss
02-11-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
RE: Coolant loss
What about DEF tank heater, DEF injector cooling?
First one will be coolant in DEF tank and the second will expel coolant into exhaust.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze
02-11-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
(02-11-2021 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  Off the cooling system

If there is no sign of coolant in the tranny, check that lower coolant hose and clamp... Serious, mine was leaking gallons too going down the road, and no sign of any leak... It was that winter when the temps were hitting 30 below... An old mechanic at the Petro caught it, after I had just spent four days and $3000 having a new EGR Cooler installed... This was before I found Rawze.com.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
02-12-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
(02-11-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  

If there is no sign of coolant in the tranny, check that lower coolant hose and clamp... Serious, mine was leaking gallons too going down the road, and no sign of any leak... It was that winter when the temps were hitting 30 below... An old mechanic at the Petro caught it, after I had just spent four days and $3000 having a new EGR Cooler installed... This was before I found Rawze.com.

I will check it out. Did you do a pressure check and still didn’t see a leak?
replyreply
(02-11-2021 )snailexpress Wrote:  What about DEF tank heater, DEF injector cooling?
First one will be coolant in DEF tank and the second will expel coolant into exhaust.

I will look into this as well. Ty
replyreply
(02-12-2021 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  

Yep, we let it sit overnight in a warm shop. It was the cold and heat mix of going down the road in that winter weather, it was pouring out of the lower hose when going down the road, and it left no trace. I put one of those high dollar aircraft Breeze clamps on and never had another issue.

Here is the clamp I use, Fleetpride does carry the Breeze brand, or you can get at Amazon. Just check sizing, they come in quite the variety. Love these clamps.

https://shop.azsupply.com/diameter-range...x-screw--1

Here is the manufacturer... http://www.breezehoseclamps.com/breeze/hi-torque/

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 03maxpower
03-08-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
(02-12-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(02-12-2021 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  

Yep, we let it sit overnight in a warm shop. It was the cold and heat mix of going down the road in that winter weather, it was pouring out of the lower hose when going down the road, and it left no trace. I put one of those high dollar aircraft Breeze clamps on and never had another issue.

Here is the clamp I use, Fleetpride does carry the Breeze brand, or you can get at Amazon. Just check sizing, they come in quite the variety. Love these clamps.

https://shop.azsupply.com/diameter-range...x-screw--1

Here is the manufacturer... http://www.breezehoseclamps.com/breeze/hi-torque/

How did you figure out it was this if it only leaked going down the road. Having a similar issue and can’t find anything.
replyreply
That old mechanic called it, what did I have to lose, a $10 clamp after spending $2500? It worked...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: 03maxpower
(03-08-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  That old mechanic called it, what did I have to lose, a $10 clamp after spending $2500? It worked...

Tightened my clamp 3/4 turn. If that doesn’t work I’ll try another clamp. I will update on this.
replyreply
(02-12-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Here is the clamp I use, Fleetpride does carry the Breeze brand, or you can get at Amazon. Just check sizing, they come in quite the variety. Love these clamps.

https://shop.azsupply.com/diameter-range...-hex-screw

I use the constant torque type from breeze clamps. 92 inchpounds and it stays there through the thermal expansion and contraction.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.