Coolant loss
02-10-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
RE: Coolant loss
you dont have tank heaters do you my only other thought of a water leak you wouldn't see when pressure tested
replyreply
02-10-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
No tank heaters. And yeah. It’s a sh** ton. That’s what I assumed and everyone else that I’ve talked to about it. Everyone is like wtf is going on. That’s the reason I came over here for more opinions. Engine runs like it always has. Like nothing has changed and like nothing is wrong. Weird.
replyreply
02-11-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
I checked trans. At fill and drained off a hair. No coolant. Checked dipstick and drained off a bit from bottom. No coolant. Check Davco no coolant. Checked both tanks by pulling fuel from both. No coolant. Checked air tanks again. No coolant. Pulled hard line from Compressor. No coolant. We did pressure check yesterday with no external leaks along with block tester with no change in color. I have not pulled the pan as I’m sitting in 6 inches of snow just trying to eliminate stuff so he doesn’t have to charge me for it. I’m not sure if this will do or not but I pulled my pyro probe behind turbo with no signs of coolant and ran the engine a bit with no signs of anything but dry air coming from pipe behind the turbo.
replyreply
(02-10-2021 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  
(02-10-2021 )Squish099 Wrote:  Egr cooler?

Welded on each end

The coolant lines are welded? Who the hell did that? You need those coolant lines operational to cool the back cylinders of the motor. Tell me I read what you posted wrong.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(02-11-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(02-10-2021 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  
(02-10-2021 )Squish099 Wrote:  Egr cooler?

Welded on each end

The coolant lines are welded? Who the hell did that? You need those coolant lines operational to cool the back cylinders of the motor. Tell me I read what you posted wrong.

Yeah. Not the coolant lines. Just exhaust ends are welded. Didn’t realize I said coolant lines was welded. I know it supplies coolant. Wouldn’t have done that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Transmission cooler? is it air cooled or off the coolant system.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Off the cooling system
replyreply
Could be a cold leak, go around and replace hose clamps and tighten things up. The lower radiator hose can be the culprit, it can pour out of it and you will never see a sign of a coolant leak, been there and done that... A $10 clamp cost me $3000, but I got a new EGR Cooler out of that deal. LOL!

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
I’ll give it a shot. Thank you
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.