Coolant loss
03-23-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
RE: Coolant loss
If you dropped a liner then yes, pressurize it to 20 psi overnight with the pan off and see if you have any coolant running down a liner. I have made my own adapter to plug into regulated shop air overnight so it stays at 20 psi the whole time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Paulywantsacracker
03-24-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
(03-23-2021 )Paulywantsacracker Wrote:  I get which hose you mean , but now just wondering if i can find a leak in the head gasket , liner , or any where internally and overhead by removing oil pan and pressurizing the system and so if any of the above fail it should show up underneath? Is that correct ? Thanks in advance

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to spot but yeah... it can always be found before pulling the head off one if there is a head gasket/liner issue. Here is an example of one that was difficult to spot at first...
Rawze Wrote:- We let it sit over night with 22-PSI pressure on the coolant system (and oil pan off it) until next morning. Low and behold, we searched and searched and there was zero signs of coolant getting into the oil at first. Sometimes it is obvious, but sometimes it is hard to find. We wiped everything down and spun the engine a few times over by hand (with long wrench) and could not immediately find any kind of coolant intrusion problem even though it is clear that there is a problem with the head, a gasket, liner... something. After looking and wiping things down under the engine, we decided to turn it by hand some more ... slowly to see if we could get a better view at each cylinder. While turning the engine over by hand very slowly, when piston number 5 came up on a compression stroke, it started to gurgle and tiny droplets of water/coolant started to pour down the inside of the liner wall. Number 5 piston was leaking coolant out of the bottom of the piston. So far this tells us that there is a problem in the head or the head gasket at #5 cylinder area.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid25356

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-24-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
So i confirmed the missing coolant is ending up in the fuel tank , from what i gather it needs injector cups installed , is this correct? Or is there a different way it can get into the fuel ?
2012 pete , 2250 , demandated ,43000 miles on engine
In the future i want to get into doing this type of work but for now i am 3 years behind on other tractors, trailers and vehicles to service and i have zero tools for this , i have to get peterbilt to do it for me ,is there anything else they should be doing while they are at it ?
replyreply
03-25-2021, (Subject: Coolant loss ) 
(03-24-2021 )Paulywantsacracker Wrote:  ...
demandated

That is your next issue. more than 90%+ of all demandate programs for that model ISX are HORRIBLY BAD! .. and very harmful to the engine.

- Pull a copy of the program out of that thing and e-mail it to me for a proper review. That is your next move if you value your equipment at all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-24-2021 )Paulywantsacracker Wrote:  ...
confirmed the missing coolant is ending up in the fuel tank , from what i gather it needs injector cups installed , is this correct?

coolant in the fuel is a known issue...

Starlight Wrote:If coolant leaks into the fuel from within the head its usually the upper injector seal thats leaking and Cummins has a new tool out to repair that without pulling or replacing the head. Involves installing a sealing ring inside the bore which repairs the leak by rolling the cup tighter into the head. The ring stays in place after install.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid17582

However... it is not a reliable fix for them.
Unilevers Wrote:the new cummins cup sealing tool doesnt work well. bout a 50% success rate here as of late. if it truly is a cup do it right or you will be on the side of the road somewhere.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid17586

=== therefore, I would put little to no faith that the rip-off stealers$it is going to get it right. Your chances of this fixing the issue completely are likely slim at best. Better to try than to replace the head if ya ask me, but at what cost?. and at what success rate? would be the risk vs. going all out with an inframe, head, etc.

Trouble is this attitude of "shove your problems off onto others" attitude though.
(03-24-2021 )Paulywantsacracker Wrote:  ... i am 3 years behind on other tractors, trailers and vehicles to service and i have zero tools for this , i have to get peterbilt to do it for me ,is there anything else they should be doing while they are at it ?

this attitude is only going to lead to more grief, losses, headaches, and an empty wallet. Sending trucks off to the styealers#its because of "no time to do thigs right or no tools" excuse is just that. an excuse. - Wish I had all the money in the world like that and could care less on how s#itty a job someone did to my equipment by taking it to the most expensive, rip-you-off places out there (OEM repair shops are the worst places of them all these days). - Must be nice. Grief and half-arssed repairs that someone has to chase behind is the typical result.

As far as not having time or tools to do things... well, you will get no sympathy around here towards that. Sounds like simply poor planning, etc. and nothing but losses to your business because of it. Generally speaking, those people in trucking that tend to over-ambitiously "bite off more than they can chew" are also the same ppl who tend to come on here and complain the most. they tend to blame every problem they have on everyone and everything but themselves and their own lack of skills or efforts towards maintaining/repairing their own equipment properly. They also usually are the first to get mad when someone points all out the absurdity of it all.

This place is all about learning to take control of your issues and do for yourself instead of getting ripped off by those stealers$its. Start investing in the tools, time, and skills, to keep after your stuff or your going to end up out of business these days.

replyreply
also most, if not all, dealers won't even work on a demandated engine unless you pay to have it returned to stock condition. I've heard of some that won't even fix a light if they know it's demandated.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
So here is the deal i manage 5 isxs , when i came along , shortly there after blew up 2 of them , so i did my part i started looking at why this is happening i saved the third 1 or i hope i did by retuning it with a reliable scource , it must be ok tuning because the window lickers driving it complain they have no power , which i did tell the tuner to put it back to stock ,, however this engine is out of the states and i can only say about it what they told me , im simply in over my head when i open up the overhead which is why im here , your forum helped me fix a few things in the past such as sticky engine brake solenoid ,

Just so you kno im young and willing to learn i am way underqualified for whats on my plate, i admire your knowledge , and if possible would like to talk on the phone if your ok with that
replyreply
And yes the stealershit will work on demandated
replyreply
(03-25-2021 )Paulywantsacracker Wrote:  So here is the deal i manage 5 isxs , when i came along , shortly there after blew up 2 of them , so i did my part i started looking at why this is happening i saved the third 1 or i hope i did by retuning it with a reliable scource , it must be ok tuning because the window lickers driving it complain they have no power , which i did tell the tuner to put it back to stock ,, however this engine is out of the states and i can only say about it what they told me , im simply in over my head when i open up the overhead which is why im here , your forum helped me fix a few things in the past such as sticky engine brake solenoid ,

Just so you kno im young and willing to learn i am way underqualified for whats on my plate, i admire your knowledge , and if possible would like to talk on the phone if your ok with that

WHY are you trying to manage 5 trucks when you don't have the skills to manage and maintain even one?. That is my next thought when reading your posts so far.

Trucking is not about just telling others what to do, where to go, and throwing money around, making decisions, and hoping for a profit in return. This does not work in an industry that is completely washed out of profits. There is no money in trucking that pays for this kind of management via an "investors viewpoint" who expects a "return" while not getting directly involved with the equipment on a daily basis. - YOUR COMPETING AGAINST PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME.... AND IF YOU CAN'T PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION TO COMPETE AGAINST SOMEONE WHO IS MOSTLY SELF-SUFFICIENT TO SOME MEDIUM DEGREE... YOU WILL LOOSE THIS GAME REAL FAST!

Also... you claim that "... I hope i did {delete program} by returning it with a reliable source ..." ARE THE FAMOUS LAST WORDS of about every other person who comes on here with repeating engine failures because of bad engine tuning/bad deletes. POWER in the engine has nothing to do with destructive programming. - GET AN ADAPTER, GET A COPY OF THE PROGRAM(S) PULLED, E-MAIL THEM TO ME FOR INSPECTIONS!!!... YOU ARE A COMPLETE FOOL OTHERWISE AT THIS POINT!

How does that saying go?... You can lead the horse to water?...
yeah... that is the one that comes to mind.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.