Why we teach our kids proper gun handling and safety ...
02-14-2021, (Subject: Why we teach our kids proper gun handling and safety ... ) 
Why we teach our kids proper gun handling and safety ...
a fine example...

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2021/02/13/polic...-year-old/

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26 , snailexpress , Waterloo , Chamberpains , Roysbigtoys , JimT , PuroCumminsPower
02-20-2021, (Subject: Why we teach our kids proper gun handling and safety ... ) 
RE: Why we teach our kids proper gun handling and safety ...
My daughter is coming up on 4 years old and I've already been thinking about finding training classes for her. Not yet, but when she is ready. First and foremost for her safety should she ever accidentally come across a firearm. Second, I want her to know how to properly use them and have plenty of practice so in that rare event that she ever NEEDS to use it (like above) then she will be better prepared.

Where I live we can't just go out in the backyard and shoot. First it's not allowed in this area and second the properties are all too close together so there wouldn't be any "safe" direction.

As for teaching a 4 year old. Well, I don't really care what age she is. What matters most is her level of maturity and she's not there yet. But, one day she will be and I want to be prepared for that day. My wife and I already try to guide her in proper handling when she plays with toys that resemble firearms, though it's mainly just to get her familiar with the concepts and ideas. Hopefully that conditioning pays off when the time comes for real instruction. Kinda like how we teach kids at the earliest ages that red means stop, green means go, even though they won't really need to apply that concept until much later. It's just developing the patterns and the pattern recognition so it becomes second nature for the brain.

(*** No, she doesn't have any "toy guns", not even water pistols yet, but you might be surprised at how many innocent and completely unrelated toy ideas end up resembling a firearm in shape and function. And you might also be surprised, as I was, by how naturally kids figure out how to hold it like a real firearm. For my wife and I that toy ended up being a handheld fireworks light projector.)

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
02-20-2021, (Subject: Why we teach our kids proper gun handling and safety ... ) 
Its important for youngsters to know how to use guns and handle them safely. Ya never know when they may come across one and get curious or God forbid need to defend their lives with one. I feel bad for a youngster put in that situation. Thats a lot of weight to carry around for the rest of their lives.
replyreply
I carry a firearm with almost daily wether concealed or open(live in Tennessee) and my wife and I plan on getting my son a nerf gun to carry in the same manor(with a holster). For the first couple years we plan on teaching that all guns are deadly and then as time goes on opening up more. I own a farm in the woods though and even though i only own 10 acres i can shoot in any direction. My son will be a year old on Monday and we have another on the way so still planning on the best way to do it because we grew up in the city
replyreply
02-21-2021, (Subject: Why we teach our kids proper gun handling and safety ... ) 
I grew up with guns everywhere. Literally behind the rocking chair, down the hall in what was just a closet. In our bedrooms. In every house i went to and they had the same thing with guns everywhere. I cant remember the 1st time I shot a gun. But I can remember the 1st time I got scope bit from a high powered rifle. I was 8....

Gun safety was literally beat in to me. The quick sharp pain of a slap from anyone near when I mishandled one or pointed it in the wrong direction taught me very young and very fast what not to do. A hunters safety course at 12 years old solidified what I already knew. Now no matter how old I get or how long its been since I handled a firearm I, without thinking, do exactly as instructed as I was as a small child.

This is exactly whats meant by the words "2nd nature" I literally have to fight myself to mishandled one or point one at something I dont intend on killing or destroying. These are things I'm grateful that someone taught me at a young age. So, yes, don't fear or hesitate to teach children at ridiculously young ages how to use guns properly. Its a fantastic tool and skill to have that will probably come in handy at some point in their lives. If they are never used to kill, rest assured, shooting guns never fails to put a smile on the shooters face. And yes, girls LOOOOOVE shooting guns too....

But I'll finish this thought with one last and by far the most important request. This request
will save you, your family, your friends your community, your country and the world a f$%k ton of heart ache, sorrow and sleepless nights....

Spend exponentially and far more time teaching your children how to safely handle...... their ANGER. When to use ANGER. How to use ANGER. Whats an appropriate amount of ANGER. Proper ANGER safety...
If parents would teach this lesson endlessly, tirelessly, relentlessly, as if it was just as important as breathing. We would have almost all gun "problems" handled.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , JimT , PuroCumminsPower
02-21-2021, (Subject: Why we teach our kids proper gun handling and safety ... ) 
another fine example of how guns save more lives and property than not having them ...
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=ViGB_1613855251

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , Chamberpains , PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.