thermoking apu no heat
02-16-2021, (Subject: thermoking apu no heat ) 
thermoking apu no heat
i am not sure if anyone here is familiar with repair on thermoking apu's or Eberspächer bunk heaters but the heat has stopped working on my thermoking apu if i restart the apu (power it off then back on) it will start blowing heat for 30-40 seconds then quit. when i plug the apu it into my laptop the thermoking software shows no error codes or problems shows a cabin temp of 65 and a setpoint of 78 if i go into diagnostics mode and select the heater test it will complete the entire 15 minute diagnostic blowing heat the entire time on high without any problems.
replyreply
RE: thermoking apu no heat
(02-16-2021 )Yauchout Wrote:  i am not sure if anyone here is familiar with repair on thermoking apu's or Eberspächer bunk heaters but the heat has stopped working on my thermoking apu if i restart the apu (power it off then back on) it will start blowing heat for 30-40 seconds then quit. when i plug the apu it into my laptop the thermoking software shows no error codes or problems shows a cabin temp of 65 and a setpoint of 78 if i go into diagnostics mode and select the heater test it will complete the entire 15 minute diagnostic blowing heat the entire time on high without any problems.
Are you asking about APU or cab air heater?
replyreply
(02-16-2021 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(02-16-2021 )Yauchout Wrote:  i am not sure if anyone here is familiar with repair on thermoking apu's or Eberspächer bunk heaters but the heat has stopped working on my thermoking apu if i restart the apu (power it off then back on) it will start blowing heat for 30-40 seconds then quit. when i plug the apu it into my laptop the thermoking software shows no error codes or problems shows a cabin temp of 65 and a setpoint of 78 if i go into diagnostics mode and select the heater test it will complete the entire 15 minute diagnostic blowing heat the entire time on high without any problems.

The APU itself is running just fine but the Eberspächer diesel fired bunk heater it uses to heat the cab when the truck is off is only working in test mode when you try and set a temperature for regular operation it won't heat
replyreply
(02-16-2021 )Yauchout Wrote:  
(02-16-2021 )snailexpress Wrote:  

The APU itself is running just fine but the Eberspächer diesel fired bunk heater it uses to heat the cab when the truck is off is only working in test mode when you try and set a temperature for regular operation it won't heat
I don't have Thermoking but Eberscher, almost the same has no reason to quit working without setting alarm or control module commanded.
If it's working in test mode and no alarm codes it's control module perhaps.
Is cab heater integrated in truck system or it's just stand alone and autonomous from truck or APU ?
replyreply
Its a Eberspächer D2 but uses the thermo king controller
replyreply
(02-16-2021 )Yauchout Wrote:  i am not sure if anyone here is familiar with repair on thermoking apu's or Eberspächer bunk heaters but the heat has stopped working on my thermoking apu if i restart the apu (power it off then back on) it will start blowing heat for 30-40 seconds then quit.

mine does that every year. here is what we do. Of course, this is assuming the fuel has not gelled up ...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid31140

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
it appears the fuel pump went out going to call thermoking when they open and see if they have one i wonder if i could get away with using one from the autoparts store like i did with the apu engine
replyreply
Mine was bellowing smoke and failing to start - the little fuel filter on the inlet of the pump was plugged up. The pump should have an audible clacking sound to it, when mine was plugged, it was virtually silent.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rawze
(02-16-2021 )Yauchout Wrote:  it appears the fuel pump went out going to call thermoking when they open and see if they have one i wonder if i could get away with using one from the autoparts store like i did with the apu engine
Autoparts store fuel pump will not work for heater. Heater pump does metering fuel by the pulses from control module. More pulses - more fuel.
Autoparts store fuel pump is unregulated constant flow.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.