thermoking apu no heat
02-16-2021, (Subject: thermoking apu no heat ) 
RE: thermoking apu no heat
(02-16-2021 )Nostalgic Wrote:  Mine was bellowing smoke and failing to start - the little fuel filter on the inlet of the pump was plugged up. The pump should have an audible clacking sound to it, when mine was plugged, it was virtually silent.

yea if i tap on the pump with a wrench it will start clicking again for a few seconds before quitting
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
(02-16-2021 )Yauchout Wrote:  
(02-16-2021 )Nostalgic Wrote:  Mine was bellowing smoke and failing to start - the little fuel filter on the inlet of the pump was plugged up. The pump should have an audible clacking sound to it, when mine was plugged, it was virtually silent.

yea if i tap on the pump with a wrench it will start clicking again for a few seconds before quitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskto...rthAmerica
replyreply
(02-16-2021 )Yauchout Wrote:  

If fuel pump is the reason control module should set alarm code "No flame detected" but you say no alarms. Here is link to Eberscher diagnostic manual
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...N31rMyord8
replyreply
Hell, go get all the parts you need to refresh the system. Probably a new fuel pump, new burn chamber gasket, glow plug screen and gaskets for rebuild. Like $200 in parts total. Then tear it out and pull it apart. They are quite simple and kinda fun to pull apart.
I had fun with mine last week. Thats not sarcastic at all. I watch a YouTube video or 2 and got in to it. Cleaned it up with a pistol cleaning brush kit and a blow gun to get the dust out. It was clogged up and the screen was crap. Now I know my heaters good to go and I can follow rawze routine yearly wd-40 trick because I know it has all good parts in it again.

It doesn't smoke even a little when firing off and it lights off really fast. Im all around pleased.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
The espar has its own controller and won't read from the TK unit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.