truck died, stuck on road
07-31-2016, (Subject: truck died, stuck on road ) 
truck died, stuck on road
Looking for some help. Truck died. Stuck on road in South Carolina. Believe it is a fuel issue. Truck unresponsive to throttle or slow to pick up when does respond. When let off throttle stay on current rpm for a second or two. Can hear the fuel the pump running when on the on position. Will not go above 1200 rpm when rev'ing the engine. Check engine light is on. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
replyreply
RE: truck died, stuck on road
Engine model? Truck mileage?
replyreply
2000 International Prostar Cummings ISX. Mileage 682,000.00 fuel filters just replaced 2,000 miles ago.
replyreply
If its mechanical check fuel lines from fuel tanks to engine check all the fittings to make sure they are tight check to make sure both fuel filters are tight. Check to make sure one tank isn't fuller than the other might be a plugged breather on fuel tank sounds like you're sucking air. If it's a computer problem you will need insite my truck had a rev limiter derate in it for something stupid like the egr valve position or something also mine did that once and it was the throttle position sensor but when it was that I also got a Stop Engine light sometimes too. Good luck.
replyreply
I am able to idle but when rev engine up it slowly dies.
replyreply
I cannot even get a tow today, and I'm 30 miles north of Savannah.
replyreply
I just found this site, and was planning in doing Rawze's EGR tune up this week when I got home.
replyreply
Where is the throttle position sensor located
replyreply
(07-31-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Where is the throttle position sensor located
Its the foot feed in a kenworth I don't know on an International will it idle up on fast idle? Another problem I had was an {**Content removed by protection bot**- content.}
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.