truck died, stuck on road
07-31-2016, (Subject: truck died, stuck on road ) 
RE: truck died, stuck on road
sent private message, call me

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
{**Content removed by protection bot**- content.}
replyreply
(07-31-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Thanks, I did find it on the foot pedal. Clean it up seems to be a little better. I think we might have the same egr my motor is a 2009. {**Content removed by protection bot**- content.}

{**Content removed by protection bot**- content.}
replyreply
Every time i have seen an ISX do that,... idle, but try to die when reving it up,.. is was NOT the EGR circuit.... It was the turbocharger stuck at 100% closed and choking off the engine exhaust so badly that it can not rev up properly.

If you try to drive the truck like that you will have a very high possibility of killing the injectors and/or crack the head or pistons!.... Get it looked at by a professional!.

trying to save a few bucks and make it another 600 miles might just cost you the engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you for the assistance, tow truck should be here in 1 hour.
replyreply
(07-31-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Every time i have seen an ISX do that,... idle, but try to die when reving it up,.. is was NOT the EGR circuit.... It was the turbocharger stuck at 100% closed and choking off the engine exhaust so badly that it can not rev up properly.

If you try to drive the truck like that you will have a very high possibility of killing the injectors and/or crack the head or pistons!.... Get it looked at by a professional!.

trying to save a few bucks and make it another 600 miles might just cost you the engine.

I hadn't thought of that. Mine also did this but truck would not stall. My driver did overheat it though trying to continue.
replyreply
One way to see if it is the EGR valve stuck wide open or if it is the turbocharger blocking the exhaust,.. is to simply remove the Venturi pipe completely from the truck and crank it up. See if it is still choked off when you rev it up. -- if it is still choking itself off,.. then it is the turbo stuck at 100%. --

If it runs really good again, and you suspect it is the EGR Valve, you should also feel hot air blasting out of the egr piping with it disassembled. To see if the EGr valve is closing properly, unplug the "magic plug" and wait for about 10 seconds to see that the EGR valve closes. The hot air should stop blasting out of the pipe when it closes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-01-2016, (Subject: truck died, stuck on road ) 
Do you think I would need a turbo actuator or new turbo?
replyreply
08-01-2016, (Subject: truck died, stuck on road ) 
Truck is at the shop in Savannah. When I get back over there I will see what they say. I just don't want them to tell me I need all this stuff when I don't, it has happen to often. I will watch the video again to see where the magic plug is.
I also think my Doser injector needs replacing I think I was getting coolant in my exhaust.
Great responses on here, and I do appreciate all the information. I hope to become a active member on here. Maybe if everything I have seen on the video's really does work I'll keep this truck.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.