truck died, stuck on road
08-01-2016, (Subject: truck died, stuck on road ) 
RE: truck died, stuck on road
(08-01-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Truck is at the shop in Savannah. When I get back over there I will see what they say. I just don't want them to tell me I need all this stuff when I don't, it has happen to often. I will watch the video again to see where the magic plug is.
I also think my Doser injector needs replacing I think I was getting coolant in my exhaust.
Great responses on here, and I do appreciate all the information. I hope to become a active member on here. Maybe if everything I have seen on the video's really does work I'll keep this truck.

Your welcome to PM me your number and a good time of day to call you if you like. I am not too far away from where you are at.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
It has been sent
replyreply
Ok the shop has come saying the egr valve needs to be replaced. I'm going to have this done and the doser. There is a core on the egr valve of 100.00 should I keep it?
replyreply
(08-01-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Ok the shop has come saying the egr valve needs to be replaced. I'm going to have this done and the doser. There is a core on the egr valve of 100.00 should I keep it?

Don't stop there. If you haven't already, do rawzes entire egr tuneup.

Don't get the shop to do it though, it's so easy that a retarded goat with A.D.D could do it.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I have been on the phone with him. His EGR valve is definitely unable to close properly, but he has other issues. Even with the EGR disconnected temporarily, the truck still has an exhaust restriction and will not accelerate much above 20 mph without struggling. It is either the turbo or the DOC face-plugged. He started to disconnect the flex-piping behind the turbo so that he can see if the power comes back/ take it for a test drive,.. and someone from the dealership started yelling at him that he can't be working on his truck in their parking lot. -- What a kick in the ballz eh?!

Either way, he needs to get out from under his load,.. the truck is not going to haul any freight until the exhaust restriction is fixed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I have made arrangements for load, and truck will be towed from the dealer. Sitting in a nice cool hotel room enjoying, because I probably will not like the next few days.
Thanks Rawz,hhow.
replyreply
I'm curious if you can pull the doc,dpf and be able to drive it at all?
Obviously the egr valve needs to be dealt with.
Providing the turbo is still good, how far would it derate or would it just shut down?

I never had to deal with that but just wanted to know how far it can be pushed.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
Think the 240 hours rule was spouted once upon a time.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.