Transmission jacks....any suggestions?
02-17-2021, (Subject: Transmission jacks....any suggestions? ) 
Transmission jacks....any suggestions?
Hello all, I am in the market for a transmission jack. What models do some of you use? What brands have you found works or doesn’t? Does anyone have experience with the 2000lbs harbor freight jack? What about the 2000lbs rated ESCO brand?

Thanks in advance!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Transmission jacks....any suggestions?
How many times do you plan on using it? If your answer is I don't see me using it more than 10 or so times then the harbour freight one will be perfect. The only modification I do to it is when I put a transmission on it I chain and use heavy duty ratchet straps around the transmission so it's absolutely secure on the plate. Thats before pulling 1 and while shoving one in.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Nostalgic , JimT
The castors on the harbor freight jack are the weak point. You can always buy better ones and easily mount them.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , JimT
I have had excellent luck with my Gray. A lil pricey but...... Works great for differentials also
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
02-18-2021, (Subject: Transmission jacks....any suggestions? ) 
Thanks for the input guys! I think I might give the harbor freight jack a try.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
Ive used many diff types over the years
Best ive seen are gray brand, pricey but do last
replyreply
I have a OTC 5019a. That was pricey as well. But the best part about it is the roadranger plate for the trans to sit on. It is shaped perfect for the trans with lips on the side and a support arm. The transmission is super sturdy on there. Whatever jack you buy maybe the plate could be adapted to fit. OTC part number is 540231 and it can be had for $137 on Amazon. Just a suggestion.
replyreply
ahub86: how does the road ranger plate attach to the saddle on your OTC jack? Does it bolt on? Or replace the regular universal saddle completely?
I am pretty sure I am going with the cheapy from harbor freight for the jack, but if I could adapt that OTC road ranger plate to the Pittsburg jack saddle that would be worth another $137.

replyreply
02-19-2021, (Subject: Transmission jacks....any suggestions? ) 
If the adapter is off the jack there is just a flat plate on the jack. The adapter bolts down through it with 4 bolts. I am attaching a few screenshots of their brochure.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.