Thermo-King APU and Espar Heater
02-17-2021, (Subject: Thermo-King APU and Espar Heater ) 
Thermo-King APU and Espar Heater
How would you set an Espar Heater to stay on with the key in On?

Was able to figure out how to keep the APU running with key On but not the Espar.

Kind of a pain to want to roll down a window and have the heater shut off because the key had to be turned On to do so... Or while waiting on the truck to warm up it would be nice to keep the Espar running too...

I would rather manually shut the APU and Heater off myself than them shutting down just because the key got turned on.
replyreply
02-18-2021, (Subject: Thermo-King APU and Espar Heater ) 
RE: Thermo-King APU and Espar Heater
(02-17-2021 )Possmguts Wrote:  How would you set an Espar Heater to stay on with the key in On?

Was able to figure out how to keep the APU running with key On but not the Espar.

Kind of a pain to want to roll down a window and have the heater shut off because the key had to be turned On to do so... Or while waiting on the truck to warm up it would be nice to keep the Espar running too...

I would rather manually shut the APU and Heater off myself than them shutting down just because the key got turned on.
My is just wired to the battery with fuse in series.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Possmguts
Find the signal wire that kills the tripac when the truck is keyed on and wire a switch to it. Mine is in the sleeper storage box where the apu stuff is
near the OEM heater core. There will be one wire that is spliced into the OEM harness.
replyreply
I simply unplugged the switch that makes my apu do that. Its mounted next to the ignition switch on my 2010 t660. I forget what it says on the switch and my truck isn't at my house to take a pic right now. I think its something like APU standby or override... something like that. Just pull that switch out and unplug it.

The only problem with doing this is I forgot to shut the apu or espar off and have driven down the road with it running. Which hurts nothing but is a waste of fuel
replyreply
Just happen to install 1 lastweek
ign wire will be the kill switch

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202102/post_3071_1613685885_bb3b9e5b33755d551cb955f3111b5bd7.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Possmguts

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.