Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo
02-19-2021, (Subject: Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo ) 
Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo
Buddy just bought an 07 Volvo VNL670, fuel is NOT transferring out of passenger side. There is apparently algae in the fuel, biocide is being used, fuel filters changed out three times in the past week due to the algae. Thoughts?

Roughly 540,000 miles on a CM-870

Where does he check first?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
RE: Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo
breather hose clogged up?

sucking air on the one side? cracked line? or cracked pick-up tube?

return line splitter valve bad?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo
Some Volvo have small air filter in the breather line.
There is quote from another forum

"" When I followed the tube, I ends behind a bracket mounted to the side o the tank. Held in by four 10mm bolts. When took it off, to my surprise there is an air filter there ;). The filter was so clogged that when I shot air into it, it just exploded open. I had a peterbilt for years and the tube just ran off the tank vent with no filter. I did not realize that Volvo puts air filters on the air vent tubes And they are pretty good ones too.
Each tank has one. about 20 bucks at the dealer.""
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , victory26 , Waterloo
Damn volvo's always gotta be difficult!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(02-19-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Damn volvo's always gotta be difficult!!
Not without reason people call them Vulva.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
If snails right about them filters in the tank breathers id see about venting them like every other truck on the highway, a hose out the top and down the dirty side the tank.
replyreply
02-20-2021, (Subject: Fuel switching tanks 07 Volvo ) 
Volvo also has valves on the tanks. Make sure both are open. I would run the fuel down and pull the valves off and make sure there’s no algee plugging any thing up in those ball valves.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze
(02-20-2021 )Magard Wrote:  Volvo also has valves on the tanks. Make sure both are open. I would run the fuel down and pull the valves off and make sure there’s no algee plugging any thing up in those ball valves.

Yep, he is thinking the valves are plugged... Those he has yet to remove, sounds like that could be it with his algae issue. Thank you sir!

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(02-20-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(02-20-2021 )Magard Wrote:  Volvo also has valves on the tanks. Make sure both are open. I would run the fuel down and pull the valves off and make sure there’s no algee plugging any thing up in those ball valves.

Yep, he is thinking the valves are plugged... Those he has yet to remove, sounds like that could be it with his algae issue. Thank you sir!
So, what do you guys use for algae treatment and maintenance? I run a bottle of Killem through mine about every 6-8 months because I had a really bad case a long time ago.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.