Best dashcam?
07-31-2016, (Subject: Best dashcam? ) 
Best dashcam?
I had garmin 20 for about 2 years, but now screen started to freeze. So I am looking for new cam. Which one is most reliable and would be atleast 1080p day and night driving? I saw now they sell garmin35 and cobra at the truckstops. Also some people say gopro4 is good? Or any other brands?

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
RE: Best dashcam?
Advice from a couple other drivers that were involved in accidents and had dash cams...

Just make sure it has a display with a playback feature, otherwise an officer on the scene may not accept watching the video if you are involved in an accident. Many of them will refuse to look at it if you have to transfer it to a laptop or other device.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Here is the accident I was in where the dash cam saved my butt. I had it transferred to my laptop before the Trooper showed up. You guessed it.....the guy said he didnt know what happened....until he saw my video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMxx_E9O8Xs
replyreply
I have this one... https://www.amazon.com/FalconZero-F170HD...s=dash+cam

It works, instructions not the greatest, but I figured it out. Been running it since last year with no issues. I have no reason to replace, it is a solid unit, metal body and really good construction. Everything was included, a true plug and play dash cam. And it will replay on the screen, no need to download to a laptop.
replyreply
08-01-2016, (Subject: Best dashcam? ) 
I have one from ebay with second camera facing driver mirror.
replyreply
I just bought this thingy. I haven't opened it yet. Just got it in the mail. I might play with it tomorrow.

http://store.randmcnally.com/automotive-...m-300.html

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
Our compant uses the drive cam brand.

We have them installed in every semi.

It only triggers when the drivers makrs the truck shake hard example: pot holes, slamming on the brakes, collision of some sort.

When the camera is triggered, it goes back about 7.5secs before time of trigger then films another 7.5sec.

The camera faces frontward and in cab

So if you blow thru a stop sign and do not hit the brakes, the camera will never know you ran a stop sign.

You can trigger the camera manually as well
replyreply
I run cobras in my trucks and like them. they are relatively cheap to buy compared to others. only thing I would change is to get one with the speed shown and gps.

I have a mobile spec in my prostar and it's junk. The camera itself works good and the interface is simple enough but it eats memory cards for breakfast and the mounting is horrible, I can't even use it in my peterbilt and even in my prostar I have to have it shooting vertical.

Those are the only 2 I've tried though so I'm a little uneducated on the subject.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I have this one in my green SUV ...
(Vicovation Vico-Marcus 5 Dual Full-HD Camcorder)
https://amzn.com/B00LLUPCCE

./uploads/201608/post_2_1470060570_21ad2b071aed35c0ff1bbcb9fdcc3d46.jpg

I went all out and got the GPS attachment, the UV anti-glare mount and filter, and second cam for it, everything that was avail for it. It is a good camera and I like the fact it has a smaller second cam for the mirror or for the rear. It has a decent size built in screen and it is very easy to use too, but it has one thing I didn't like. The charger (USB 5.0 volts) was inadequate and went bad. It was undersized for all the accessories I added to it I think and fried in less than a month. I had to buy one of those cell=-phone cigarette lighter bad-ass 4-amp USB chargers and a generic USB cable to replace it about a month after I had it. After I did that, the cam works flawlessly and takes very good video even in low light, but it does not have outright night vision.

------------

I have this one in my toyota ---
( Wide Angle Mobius ActionCam 1080p HD Camera With Dash Cam Kit )
https://amzn.com/B00H9TS5HU

./uploads/201608/post_2_1470061263_10ab16d1dc118c4032eed6096e6d0c0f.jpg

This cam seriously has a good image and is tough as nails but it has no screen whatsoever. It is actually a helmet cam for sports that can be used as a dash cam as well. I purchased a small super-capacitor that replaces the battery so that i never have to worry about the battery going bad. Most dash cams that have a battery backup in them, the battery goes bad in the heat etc. -- The only thing I don't like about it is that it has no display at all. It was also kinda tricky to set all the options for making it into a dash cam, as it normally comes with a setup to be a helmet cam. I got this one because at that time, it was the cheapest true 1080P camera out there and it had better reviews than $400+ cameras. Great camera, especially the quality of recording and the price, but no screen. videos can be viewed on any device that you can plug the memory card into, standard format.

----------------

I have a GoPro3 Silver...

./uploads/201608/post_2_1470061732_9fc651c52c35f51409ca5dcc1994096f.jpg

GoPro is truly a good quality camera and that is what i used for my engine rebuild series. I love it for making youtube videos, but as a dash camera? -- I have the addon for the screen and about all the other accessories anyone would buy. The problem with this cam is that it eats even the long life batteries like candy,.. very short life on record time. You have to keep it plugged in constantly in between making a video. As well, when you put the screen attachment on it, it takes a HEFTY 2.0 amp (more like 4.0 amp) USB charger to keep it running and recording. Next to that is the price. I think it would not be such a good dash cam at all and it is a power hog.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.