Headlight issues
02-28-2021, (Subject: Headlight issues ) 
RE: Headlight issues
Have you disconnected the batteries for 30+ minutes? That flakey PACCAR cab controller may be your issue, I think it is. The headlamps and the ECM are unrelated... Had the same issues with my ProStar, it was in the harness. Replaced and issue went away.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Possmguts
03-02-2021, (Subject: Headlight issues ) 
(02-28-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Have you disconnected the batteries for 30+ minutes? That flakey PACCAR cab controller may be your issue, I think it is. The headlamps and the ECM are unrelated... Had the same issues with my ProStar, it was in the harness. Replaced and issue went away.

Yes I did that with no luck... Chased wires and even fixed a couple things that I though might have contributed to it with no luck. I gave up... I'm at a well respected members shop now. Hopefully he can get it figured out today. Looking at the Chassis Node and Cab Control Module. I still find it weird that this just happened right after uploading the tune file, but That's why I'm here today.
replyreply
03-13-2021, (Subject: Headlight issues ) 
I'm having similar light problems no front signals no bumper fog lights
Did you find anything?
replyreply
(03-02-2021 )Possmguts Wrote:  ...
Yes I did that with no luck... Chased wires and even fixed a couple things that I though might have contributed to it with no luck. I gave up... I'm at a well respected members shop now. Hopefully he can get it figured out today.

I guess he forgot to follow up on this thread...

Last I spoke with him, he said that it was a wiring issue under the cab of his truck. The wiring harness that feeds the (chassis node) module had been patched in several places in its past, and that there was still quite the bad wiring in the harness somewhere down under the cab itself, where it was difficult to spot. - He then went on to tell me that all was working properly after having all the wiring straightened out over at Mr. Hags.

He was originally convinced that programming somehow had something to do whith it... No one could blame him, as it happened to fail right at the same time he got a re-flash of his ecm by someone. I was there for an hour or so the first time he went to Mr.Hags and Watched Mr.Hag re-flash the software in his cab controller ... it did not fix anything

Also watched Mr.Hag manually override each of the lights not working to bypass any software, and they still did not work properly. That is how he knew it was a wiring problem that had to be traced down I think.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Had similar weird electrical problems with turn signals and reverse lights.

Mine was the wiring going to chassis node. There is a whole lot of wires going to that chassis node.

I am assuming you have checked the under hood fusses for chassis node. Mine has at least 4 maybe 6 for chassis node.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.