Oil temperature gauge
02-22-2021, (Subject: Oil temperature gauge ) 
Oil temperature gauge
I want to add an oil temperature gauge, has anyone added one? I have an 08 Prostar with 871, I used the Glow Shift for boost and pyro. Just wondering where on the engine do you add it and what type of gauge?
replyreply
RE: Oil temperature gauge
is an oem oil temp gauge an option for a prostar?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-22-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  is an oem oil temp gauge an option for a prostar?

I believe my ProStar is the Yugo edition, it's pretty basic. I see that others talk about the compass, mine doesn't have it. I was going to get one from Glow Shift just wasn't sure where to install it for a good reading.
replyreply
The gauge cluster, or binnacle, can these be replaced without messing up the odometer? More than likely it is already wired for a full gauge cluster. Find one at a junkyard? If not, plumb it in on the oil filter rail, on the passenger side, there are spots available there. No clue where mine is wired in...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Don't the oil pressure sensors also read the oil temp?

I've wondered about welding a bung into the oil pan but I'm not sure that would give you an accurate reading???

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-22-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Don't the oil pressure sensors also read the oil temp?

I've wondered about welding a bung into the oil pan but I'm not sure that would give you an accurate reading???

I have no clue where the oil temp sensor is on my motor, but I would assume it would be best located at or around the oil filter and the assembly it attaches to. We need someone to fill us in on this temp sensor placement.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
should be able to look it up on quickserv where their oil temp sensor is for their model engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-22-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Don't the oil pressure sensors also read the oil temp?

The new oil pan I just put on mine has a plug in the side. I wasn't sure if you could put one in there and get a good reading.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
On my cm871 the oil temp sensor is just to the right of the oil pressure sensor on the driver side off the block. It is the same sensor as the coolant temp sensor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Nostalgic , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.