Gray green substance under oil cap - Cummins ISX15
03-05-2021, (Subject: Gray green substance under oil cap - Cummins ISX15 ) 
RE: Gray green substance under oil cap - Cummins ISX15
Smoking out of the oil fill tube, I think you cracked a piston. Better get to Hagg's right now, tow it there if you have to. If you go anywhere else you'll regret it, I think you've learned that lesson already:)

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SupVit
I asked them if they could find time for my truck. Sent link to this forum.
Nobody answered yet.
replyreply
They're generally booked out 2 weeks in my experience.
replyreply
(03-05-2021 )SupVit Wrote:  I asked them if they could find time for my truck. Sent link to this forum.
Nobody answered yet.

You have to call and talk to Kaitlin, that's Jerry's daughter, she does the office. When I was there getting the inframe I felt she did an excellent job getting trucks booked in.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , Rawze , SupVit , Waterloo , JimT
03-06-2021, (Subject: Gray green substance under oil cap - Cummins ISX15 ) 
Here is Jerry's address... Near Atlanta Speedway, on the south side of Atlanta.

Haggai Automotive and Diesel Repair
1228 High Falls Rd,
Griffin, GA 30223
+1(678) 688-8107

I would head directly to Jerry's shop once you get unloaded, or put it on a hook and have it towed, that is a call you will have to make, just get it there. I would not trust any of the dealers or shops up in NC, they will rake you over the coals and financially rape you. Right now, Jerry is your only reliable option, and you are close by.

There should be room for your trailer, just get the truck there. Don't be me, it cost me $38,000 and a second in frame because I did not take the truck directly to Jerry and allowed a local shop to do the work here in Michigan. They installed all of the wrong parts and skipped many steps in rebuilding the motor, it lasted all of 70,000 miles. I have never fully recovered from that botched in frame from that Michigan shop.

And guess where I wound up for that second in frame? In Griffin GA, the truck has had no issues and runs like a new factory motor, actually better. Get your truck to Jerry. Just go, you can figure out appointments when you get there.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
its too bad other places do not want to take priority above all else to doing a job 110% correct, take all extra steps, use torque wrenches on all bolts instead of speed-guns,...etc.etc.

all you can find instead is the "knocken-em-out, take every shortcut you can" type of work.

"In a hurry" repair shops are just like all the ripp-off bad delete shops that are everywhere. None of them want to take the time to learn and do things right ... that quick all-mighty easy-road, half-arssed work, knock-em-out mentality is to blame.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I know that place. They answer yesterday morning 'Ok we will take a look and advise'. They are busy. I think it will take week to work with me. Waiting. I will ask again Monday morning.
replyreply
They are always busy, I would get the truck there ASAP, get in line. I do not know where you live, worse case get a RT ticket to the house, airport is right there. I would not screw around with this, this is your livelihood.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SupVit

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.