Is there a part time ELD?
02-24-2021, (Subject: Is there a part time ELD? ) 
Is there a part time ELD?
I’m an Owner operator and run locally most the time. Currently I’m using the 150 radius from home in my daily driving duties and it serves me well.

I have been asked to do runs that require a log book from time to time and just use paper, I know it’s not always convenient or within the scope of correctness.

I was doing the ELD when we had the 100 mile radius and was always fighting for that last 20 minutes of driving time, totally stressed and hating the world.

I know if I cross back over to interstate loads that having an ELD is a must.

Are any you able to be local for a week or two and then go to the ELD for logging on longer trips when required to?

Ideally the ELD would just log hours worked in the 150 mile radius and then switch over to log book settings when trips are outside of the 150 mile zone.

Please tell which device is friendly towards my needs. I have contacted some ELD manufacturers and there very good at having sales contact me and trying to get maximum money, not so much maximum value.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
RE: Is there a part time ELD?
You are allowed 8 days on paper
replyreply
(02-24-2021 )Lostfarmboy Wrote:  You are allowed 8 days on paper

8 days in a 30 day period is what I was thinking too. With my dumps we are local almost all the time and then once and a while have to venture out of the radius for a few days. Can keep that on paper with no eld. Any more than that it’s eld. Works for us because we stay in a hotel if we are out for a few days and that changes our home base so we technically only have to keep log of those days we travel. Idk maybe I am giving too much info on our specific situation. I will just go back to the simple answer 8 days in a 30 day period to use paper logs
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , PuroCumminsPower
I use a garmin eld. No monthly fees, connects to Garmin GPS or Garmin ELD app, dont need it? Unplug it from 6/9 pin and go to work.
replyreply
(02-24-2021 )smorgan87 Wrote:  I use a garmin eld. No monthly fees, connects to Garmin GPS or Garmin ELD app, dont need it? Unplug it from 6/9 pin and go to work.

I have a garmin dezl that I used before when it did not need the ecm port adapter to be legal.
Once the ecm adapter was needed I just umm, improvised
replyreply
Ive done a little of that improvising. Call stay out the scale house and dont get caught.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , PuroCumminsPower , Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.