2016 Peterbilt 587 Electrical problems
02-25-2021, (Subject: 2016 Peterbilt 587 Electrical problems ) 
RE: 2016 Peterbilt 587 Electrical problems
(02-25-2021 )Alexp86 Wrote:  ... abs light started going on going up hill sometimes on a curve, while hooked to traile it would make the trailer lights blink like it was failing but it only does that for a few mins then it goes on steady, abs light also goes on when im bobtail. ...

- 99% of the time the abs problem you just described is due to severe neglect of the rear axle hub bearings. - Every 250k miles, the rear axle bearings need to be re-torqued. If not then they eventually get so loose that they set off ABS alarms when he truck is heavy, or when you turn corners etc. - Also, wheel seals sometimes will fail, inner tire wear on the rear axles sets in, and all sorts of other issues.

When you got the truck .. did you pull all the axles out and re-torque the hub bearings? -- I am thinking you did not.

If that was not done, then nothing else has likely been done either. Sounds like a severely neglected truck to me.

Matter of fact, your initial post heavily implies that you likely did nothing much to the truck at all after its purchase, except to run off to every shop you could find every time it hiccuped so far. This is going to put you out of business real fast.

used trucks = fixing all the neglect from the last owner once you purchase it. This should be done BEFORE you put it back on the roads. Used trucks do not get sold ready for hauling freight right out of the gate, and if you expect as much, then it seems you are learning that lesson the hard way. - Such is trucking.

Also, running off to shops repeatedly for this kind of minor to medium stuffs is also the wrong thing to be doing if you want to actually make a profit. - Invest in a volt meter, learn how to use it, buy some wrenches and start going thru the truck, do all the neglected maintenance, etc. and fix on it. That is how owner-ops make their money any more. By becoming as self-reliant as possible. Otherwise your just going to continue to sit around all the time while truck payments pile up and no one giving a damn about you or your truck outside of putting the fire(the mediate complaint only) out while all the trees in the rest of the forest burn away.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Alexp86

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Peterbilt 587 Electrical problems - Rawze - 02-25-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.