Is the warranty really worth it?
08-03-2016, (Subject: Is the warranty really worth it? ) 
RE: Is the warranty really worth it?
(08-03-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I got a phone call today from someone I know that does a lot of engine work. they said they have a CM2350 with a cracked piston with 260~k miles on it. they pulled the bottom end apart several of the piston cooling jets were crooked and bent, and the rods were even wearing against some of them it was so bad. That engine only had a 250k warranty,... Of course the maker is telling them their warranty is out so tough luck!>

He has 4 CM2250's in his shop at the moment as well,... 2 of them with dropped liners on number 5 or 6. and 2 more with soot packing and now failed with cracked pistons.

He also has a CM871 with cracked piston with 600k miles on it (bad spray pattern on injector).

========

All of these trucks are factory stock trucks that have been eaten alive by the soot monster and/or some unpredictable bad workmanship.

Point being,... Warranty or not,.. when you have a bad day,.. you have a bad day. No one can predict it.

Some people get lucky with a warranty claim,.. but many more do not. the odds are stacked against you most of the time.

Well that's just it.. now days were all screwed anyways! for every guy like me who had luck, there's 5 who's watranny was denied.

A coworker has a 2014 that was using shi#t tonnes of oil. 27L he told cummins. They told him that's within spec so he asked what the max allowance was and was told 32L.

He went to another city and told them it was using 36L so they tore it down and found 2 broken rings!

Those shi#t bags would have had him thinking a destroyed engine was normal. but his warranty was ending in 1 month, unfortunately he had to lie in order to get it covered.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the warranty really worth it? - Brock - 08-03-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.