IFSM O-rings
03-01-2021, (Subject: IFSM O-rings ) 
IFSM O-rings
Sitting here waiting on my liner shims to arrive. I'm in the middle of an inframe... I'm replacing the fuel pump, lift pump, pressure regulators, actuators and whatnot so I figured it would be a great idea to replace my O-rings while I'm at it.

Cummins does not sell a kit from what I've found, nor did I get one with either my upper or lower gasket set. They also want bookoo $ for these things with a wait of several days. What have you guys been doing for O-rings for the IFSM when it's become time to replace?

I'm considering going down to the nearest hydraulic supply house and trying to match these up with viton replacements.

On an unrelated note, has anyone else been noticing any issues with parts availability lately?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
03-01-2021, (Subject: IFSM O-rings ) 
RE: IFSM O-rings
I've heard due to covid things are on back order. Getting hard to find the oem fittings for my air tanks these days.
replyreply
03-02-2021, (Subject: IFSM O-rings ) 
(03-01-2021 )dhirocz Wrote:  On an unrelated note, has anyone else been noticing any issues with parts availability lately?

definitely !! The supply chain is an absolute wreck right now, probably will be for the foreseeable future.

Did you cut the counterbores yourself? If so how did that go? I've never done one, seems a little intimidating.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I'll be cutting the counter bores as soon as my liner shims arrive. It'll be a first for me, though I'm familiar with the theory. I'll cut it some, install it and compress it, measure it, cut some more... I'll probably have a day just in doing that. Picked up the same tool rawze uses to do the job from a shop closing down.

As far as air tank drain valves go, I switched all mine to quarter turn valves made by tectran. Same kind we use on army trucks. They just don't leak. At all. Replace once and forget about it. Cost about the same as OEM valves. And you don't have to sit there holding it to drain the tank.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
(03-02-2021 )dhirocz Wrote:  I'll be cutting the counter bores as soon as my liner shims arrive. It'll be a first for me, though I'm familiar with the theory. I'll cut it some, install it and compress it, measure it, cut some more... I'll probably have a day just in doing that. Picked up the same tool rawze uses to do the job from a shop closing down.

All I do is cut the ledges all to the same depth according to how far I want them to stick up...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid28349

If your using the same too that I use, watch it carefully. they tend to cut one side a bit deeper than the other and you have to adjust the torque on the retaining bolts till you get it even.

Also, I only ever take 0.001" cuts at a time. Otherwise you get chatter and/or wear out the cutter.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.