Isx over fueling rear bank
03-02-2021, (Subject: Isx over fueling rear bank ) 
Isx over fueling rear bank
Alright, 2006 cm870 has been deleted with a {name removed: engine-butchering-freaks-r-us.com } tune. Couple of months ago I was having a issue with over fueling and horrible raw unburnt fuel/smoke out of the stacks. We replaced the head, all injectors, all 4 actuators along with shut off valve, both fuel pumps. The actuators actually is what stopped the over fueling and smoking the first time around. Couple of weeks ago it started smoking again exactly the same and according to the test we are getting 14oz of return on the rear bank in the 10 second time frame and on the front bank it is correct at just under 9oz in the 10 second test. Wiring harness was replaced a year ago along with ecm but tested the harness just for shits and giggles and it tested out fine. I replaced the 2 actuators again on the rear bank thinking they might have failed but that didn’t solve it this time. We are stuck at this point. We are getting ready to pull the ifsm off and replace the diaphragms along with the 2 pressure relief valves as we speak. Is there anything else that could be causing this issue that anybody else has come across???
replyreply
RE: Isx over fueling rear bank
The first problem is to get the ecm programming fixed.... you have a horribly bad, engine killing delete!

next ... will it pass an injector leak test?

What good is it to monitor fuel return line rates if it will not pass an injector leak test?

I would imagine that a lot of what your chasing is due to bad programming or damage related as such. the company you mentioned has killed more engine with bad programming that you can shake a stick at and they are absolutely clueless, brain-butchering, engine killing monsters.

A lot of your issues sounds exactly the results of the typical horrible delete programming that plagues the trucking industry... especially for the ISX. A lot of what you describe are symptoms that set in over time, or sometimes right away after bad programming. Last program i looked at by those idiots, they had the injection timing jacked all the way up to +11 and +14 degrees BTDC. Thing like Raw fuel smell ... eventual damage to injector tips, subsequent injector leakage problems, back=-pressure from the cylinders getting into the IFSM due to the abusive injection timing, injector tips and cylinders, causing damage, etc.etc.etc. ... right along side excess cylinder liner friction, and eventual head gasket failures.

We have seen this hundreds of times on here... your caught up into the brain-butcher big-name delete garbage narrative, front and centre.

here is the last person who came on here with a deleted CM870. Yours is most likely going to be worse that this one .. as those companies trade each others horrible tuning programs around like a disease, but the place you mentioned usually adds insult to injury as well ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid61094

here is where your education starts...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

grab an inline-6 adapter off ebay if you don't have one already ... get the Sfwre to download the ecm program out of it and e-mail it to me for review... I will tell you exactly what someone has done to it.

==================

NEXT would be ... What hardware mods have been done to that thing?. Does it still have the factory intake and exhaust manifolds on it? -- factory turbo? .. etc.etc.?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I actually purchased this truck this way and am now in the process of correcting everyone else’s piss poor decisions for damn sure. It is stock turbo, stock exhaust manifold and aftermarket intake. Who would you recommend for a good solid tune for this application?
replyreply
(03-02-2021 )Redrocket Wrote:  I actually purchased this truck this way and am now in the process of correcting everyone else’s piss poor decisions for damn sure. It is stock turbo, stock exhaust manifold and aftermarket intake. Who would you recommend for a good solid tune for this application?

my recommendation would be to take it to a stealers$it (or remove the ecm and take it to one) and have the ecm programmed back to 100% correct factory program for the engine and truck for a few hundred $$ until you get your other problems fixed. It will run even dele^ted if u simply unplug the egr temp sensor over on the intake side of the egr piping. it will have a check engine light on in the dash, and a 10% turbo derate, but at least the destructive programming will be gone, and it should run well like that till you get your other problems solved.

This will eliminate the bad programming and let you focus on the rest of the issues.

After you get it running right again would be the time to seek a new program if ya wanted to do so. Some ppl on here learn to do this themselves (it is not nearly has difficult as one would think), and some have someone make it for them.

- Go get it flashed back to factory.

- Invest in an inline-6 adapter off ebay + a used windowz 7 or 10 laptop.

- Straighten out all the issues with the truck, fuel system, etc... get it runing right again.

- Maybe drive it a few weeks on the factory program to make sure its all good again.

- After that, if ya want a custom program back in it, there are ppl on here that can be trusted to make good program with you for it that will not rip u off. That or u can make something yourself if ur a savvy person with a PC who can do things like run a spreadsheet etc. It is not as difficult as ppl make it out to be.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
./uploads/202103/post_856_1614737912_ffdbb5c6a9147645ae446603ab820f9c.jpeg

Get it done, or you’ll be howling like this fella

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.