2009 prostar A/C compressor stays running. Help
04-08-2021, (Subject: 2009 prostar A/C compressor stays running. Help ) 
2009 prostar A/C compressor stays running. Help
2009 prostar A/C compressor stays running even when I got the temperature knob on hot and the function knob on dash or floor.
I haven't used the truck for 9 months (motorcycle accident than covid) the freon leaked low due to a leaking Schrader valve, so I decided to also change the thermosters whal it was evacuated. After that I gassed it up its nice and cold but the compressor won't shut off, if I unplug the high side switch it shuts off the compressor when I plug it back in the compressor comes back on in about 15-30 seconds. Pressurs are good, fan kicks in at 325psi, compressor was changed last year . I'm stuck! Does the BCM turn the compressor off or does the rotary switch turn it off? Any help is appreciated. I have been down for 9 month's and barley holding on.
Thanks in advance
replyreply
RE: 2009 prostar A/C compressor stays running. Help
Is the engine fan running continually too? I'm thinking it is overcharged or it could possibly be a bad High Pressure switch, the one up at the radiator. I would also peel back the split loom from the wiring on the high pressure switch to check the integrity of the wires. Mine has broken twice on mine and repaired. Just off the top of my head, not the AC guru here, but those are two problems I have run into that sound similar to your situation.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: earnies2 , PuroCumminsPower
Could be bad humidity sensor... could be tarnished fuses in the fuse panel making for weak signal to something.

You have to look in the cab control module to see why it is on.

just things to consider any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: earnies2 , PuroCumminsPower
(04-08-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Is the engine fan running continually too? I'm thinking it is overcharged or it could possibly be a bad High Pressure switch, the one up at the radiator. I would also peel back the split loom from the wiring on the high pressure switch to check the integrity of the wires. Mine has broken twice on mine and repaired. Just off the top of my head, not the AC guru here, but those are two problems I have run into that sound similar to your situation.
No the engine fan is not running i will peal back the covering and check it in the morning. How would it being overcharged keep the compressor running when I'm calling for heat.
replyreply
(04-08-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Could be bad humidity sensor... could be tarnished fuses in the fuse panel making for weak signal to something.

Whare is the humidity sensor?
I will check all the fuses. I looked at all the relays and I didn't see a a/c compressor relay. Is the compressor controlled by the Body control module or the controls on the dash?
replyreply
04-09-2021, (Subject: 2009 prostar A/C compressor stays running. Help ) 
(04-08-2021 )earnies2 Wrote:  
(04-08-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Could be bad humidity sensor... could be tarnished fuses in the fuse panel making for weak signal to something.

Whare is the humidity sensor?
I will check all the fuses. I looked at all the relays and I didn't see a a/c compressor relay. Is the compressor controlled by the Body control module or the controls on the dash?

Prostars get plagued with ghost problems when the fuses in the panel get tarnished/discolored. This happens even if none are actually bad. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.