Intermitent Derate alarm
03-15-2021, (Subject: Intermitent Derate alarm ) 
RE: Intermitent Derate alarm
(03-15-2021 )BDiscovery Wrote:  Thanks for the response Rawze!

Active: SPN 3490-FMI7 == cummins falut code 3225 ...
Aftertreatment Purge Air Actuator - Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjustment

How urgent it this? Can we wait until the trip is over? 1500 or so miles fully loaded.

it will not regen until it is fixed... this means it will eventually derate,.. then shut down,.. then end up at the end of a tow-hook. It could take a few days, or it could be in as few as 250 miles... depends on how healthy/dirty the dpf was when it got the alarm. The proper thing to do would be to tear into it and fix it.

-- Overall,.. your truck/engine sounds to me like it has been severely neglected to get it to the state that it is in. - It sounds like to me that no one is doing any preventive maintenance until all h#ell starts to break. YOU cannot run a trucking business this way.. REGULAR tune-up work to the EGR and after-treatment systems needs to happen LONG BEFORE any check engine lights come on... every couple months or so. - This is why you have so many issues and there is not ANY MECHANIC that is going to do these things for you, especially the morons who you have been taking it to so far it looks like.

LEARN to work on them yourself and set a schedule into your business plan to do these things as part of your operations. That, or end up penny-less and out of business trying to rely on a broken system of under-educated truck repair shops and drivers who could care less.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BDiscovery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intermitent Derate alarm - Rawze - 03-15-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.