Cylinder block deck height
03-13-2021, (Subject: Cylinder block deck height ) 
RE: Cylinder block deck height
Every single time I have seen people lower the deck height on an ISX... it ended in disaster and the engine lived a short life due to significantly higher than normal compression ratios and all sorts of other ill-effects. They are not designed for such mods.. and frankly there is no reason whatsoever to machine the top deck of one for ANY REASON outside of someone causing some sort of damage to one out of stupidity!

OUTSIDE OF SOME SERIOUSLY RARE-AS-HELL CIRCUMSTANCES ... LIKE SOMEONE CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE TOP DECK BECAUSE THEY WERE AN IDIOT!!!... WHY THE H#ELL WOULD SOMEONE WANT TO MACHINE THE TOP OF THE DECK ON AN ISX BLOCK IS BEYOND ME TO BEGIN WITH!!-- THERE is NO ADVANTAGE TO DOING THIS WHATSOEVER!!! --- WTF IS SOMEONE THINKING!?

IT AIN'T NO GODDAMN OLD-SCHOOL GARBAGE-CAN DESIGNED ENGINE!... STOP TRYING TO MACHINE THE TOP DECKS OF AN ISX! .. IF IT IS THAT DAMAGED BECAUSE OF SOME COMPLETE MORON'S MISTAKES!!1... THROW THE BLOCK AWAY!

====

AND IF YOUR SHOP is machining ISX top decks as part of come common horrible practice due to some twisted reality of lunacy -- THEN I WILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO TELL EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM TO RUN AS FAST AS THEY CAN AWAY FROM YOUR SHOP!!! -- YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING VERY VERY WRONG!!!

next, he will be bragging how he has the old heads off ISX's re-machined too... I shutter to think of what other horrible things that some places out there will do to these engines.

If your looking for support on garbage mods and horrible practices like that ... your on the wrong forum!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: james_dunn

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cylinder block deck height - Rawze - 03-13-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.