New model Mack diagnostic software
03-19-2021, (Subject: New model Mack diagnostic software ) 
RE: New model Mack diagnostic software
For a legit NexIQ, try FleetPride or Grainger, they sell the real units. I recall Rawze bought one on Amazon, it was listed as the real deal, it was a Chinese knock off and did not work, he bought his current one from a local distributor.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
03-20-2021, (Subject: New model Mack diagnostic software ) 
I got my nexiq adapter from diesel laptops. I believe price was $650 plus shipping and that was about a year ago. It is genuine nexiq, not a knock off
replyreply
03-20-2021, (Subject: New model Mack diagnostic software ) 
(03-19-2021 )Mattman Wrote:  Coronado 126. You seem to know what you are talking about. I am all for saving a few bucks, but sometimes that can cost you more in the long run.

Ptt website has a $600 and a $1400 version.
Difference seems to be the ability to do ECM programing. I need to do a little more research as to which version to buy for my needs.
Pricey is an understatement compared to what I have in insite that's for sure.

I ran the $600 version for a couple years and it did everything except ECM calibrations so I would recommend that one if your only trying to do basic things.

On the adapter, yeah the Nexiq 2 is the best around, but you may be able to find a VOCOM or VOCOM 2 for pretty cheap on ebay. The VOCOM is the actual Volvo comm adapter like the Inline is for Cummins. There are chinese ones out there that I've read mixed reviews on. A used legit VOCOM would be the way to go IMO.

Also, PTT does allow the use of pretty much all the adapters on the market, so it may be worth a shot to just get the software and try your Cummins adapter after setting up your connection preferences.
replyreply
03-22-2021, (Subject: New model Mack diagnostic software ) 
(03-20-2021 )Coronado126 Wrote:  
(03-19-2021 )Mattman Wrote:  Coronado 126. You seem to know what you are talking about. I am all for saving a few bucks, but sometimes that can cost you more in the long run.

Ptt website has a $600 and a $1400 version.
Difference seems to be the ability to do ECM programing. I need to do a little more research as to which version to buy for my needs.
Pricey is an understatement compared to what I have in insite that's for sure.

I ran the $600 version for a couple years and it did everything except ECM calibrations so I would recommend that one if your only trying to do basic things.

On the adapter, yeah the Nexiq 2 is the best around, but you may be able to find a VOCOM or VOCOM 2 for pretty cheap on ebay. The VOCOM is the actual Volvo comm adapter like the Inline is for Cummins. There are chinese ones out there that I've read mixed reviews on. A used legit VOCOM would be the way to go IMO.

Also, PTT does allow the use of pretty much all the adapters on the market, so it may be worth a shot to just get the software and try your Cummins adapter after setting up your connection preferences.

PTT works with an inline adapter but is very slow. He needs nexiq or vocom.
replyreply
08-09-2022, (Subject: New model Mack diagnostic software ) 
(03-19-2021 )Coronado126 Wrote:  Best price on the Nexiq 2 is Amazon, just make sure you check and are buying a legitimate one and not a Chinese knock off.

For PTT, I honestly recommend buying the legit version from the Premium Tech Tool website. I've run non-legit versions in the past, and there's always something wrong with it no matter where you get it from.

The most popular 'free' versions and ones on eBay don't show imperial measurements, just metric which isn't the worst thing, but the last 'free' one I tested wouldn't allow tests like regens, cylinder cut outs, and turbo actuator calibrations to perform correctly.

When it comes to ECM flashes, I specifically recommend getting the legit version because Volvo/Mack only allows guys to download flash files for the ECM's through the program itself. Which can only be done with a legit version that has connection to their 'Central Server'. And, if a truck was programmed by someone else, it gets flagged on the Central Server with the company name of who programmed it. So the benefit there would be you could call the Volvo/Mack hotline and get tech help from them if need be.

Apologies for rambling, but the PTT program is a monster of a program which typically it doesn't work right when using a copy that didn't come from Premium Tech Tools website. Yeah it costs roughly a $1k for just the Mack portion, but to have a correctly working version is priceless IMO.

my problem is buying 1000 dollars worth of software just to use it only 3 or 4 times in the year. i dont like charging people hundreds of dollars for programming fees as of when you do owner operators lot at you like your ripping them off
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.